Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with result od "AND" searchin  (Read 4760 times)

okiem

• Coppermine novice
Problem with result od "AND" searchin
« on: October 19, 2009, 12:44:07 pm »

Sorry - if I ask for something which is solved,  but I tried for 20 minuts  and i found no result.

so...

Searching engine work well when I search for one word. But work wrong when I serch for two or more (with AND). Actually, result is proper,  displaying correct miniatures but after cliking on them, open different picture-page.

My gallery: www.genealogia.okiem.pl/foto2
I use 1.4.18
click for egsample

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Problem with result od "AND" searchin
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 03:11:34 pm »

In which aspect does this thread differ from the thread Searching string - how to prepare?. You haven't resolved that other thread, so we will not support you on a new, similar thread.

I use 1.4.18
Then upgrade. We're not ready to discuss the need to upgrade, and you already should be aware of that fact.

okiem

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 05:40:14 pm »

In which aspect does this thread differ from the thread Searching string - how to prepare?. You haven't resolved that other thread, so we will not support you on a new, similar thread.

are U joking ? or just s...

that topic is about preparing searching string for other pages.

this about result of regular serchig which gives good result but miniature-links has wrong number

this is totally different topic.

ps. Can U once just answer my question not be rules-police? If you always have to correct almost everybody mayby you should change rules and order of main-topics ?? It is very hard to find exact question in 1000-s others - mayby you should prepare some smaller parts of forum based on the kinds of problems? ... It wille save your time and our frustration.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2009, 06:11:58 pm »

Please do as you have been asked and upgrade.

Do not argue with supporters who believe it or not, are trying to help you. As it is your site is at risk. Why should we help you if you do not help yourself? Even if we did help you, in all likelyhood, your site would be hacked very soon due to your reluctance to upgrade so our efforts would go to waste.

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

okiem

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2009, 07:59:16 pm »

I just upgrade and the problem still egsist

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2009, 07:39:27 am »

Did you modify any of the core files? Because there is even something more serious happening: the thumbnails from the search results don't match the intermediate sized files when you click on them. Please perform a versioncheck and attach a screenshot of the output to your posting.
Your initial issue may be related to the fact that you changed your encoding from the default utf-8, which is just fine for Polish as well as nearly any other language on this planet to the proprietary iso-8859-2, which is something we don't recommend nor support. One of the reasons why we can't recommend changing the encoding is the search feature acting up for some.

Additionally, do as I suggested and resolve the other thread.

And finally,turn off the display of the vanity block: your theme doesn't validate, so it looks rather silly to display those icons. Not related though to your initial issues.

Joachim

P.S. You should really review your attitude. We're here to help and we will help if you play by the rules. If you don't, you'll be reminded about the rules, simply because we're tired to discuss the same issues over. You starting yet another "why are you so rude and why do I have to respect board rules?" rant is just pointless and will result in all your requests getting ignored. Stop dragging your feet.

okiem

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2009, 10:54:00 am »

the thumbnails from the search results don't match the intermediate sized files when you click on them.
that is what i said in firs post - It is my problem - but ONLY when is use "AND" searching. Regular seraching display everything properly.

I notice that when I use "AND searching" intermediate files links are from "OR searching"

f.e. "Jaroszewski Jaroszewska" with OR - see the second picture (grave with pink flower) - link
next try the same with AND - you will see only 4 picture. click in second (miniature of lady) and you will see this grave again on intermediate sized file - link

My changings
As was explain in some other topic I change in search.inc.php code to enable "AND searching"-link at all

$type = $_POST['type'] == 'AND' ? " AND " : " OR ";
for
$type = $_REQUEST['type'] == 'AND' ? " AND " : " OR ";

versioncheck
I run - every files are green - except old theme files which I don't use any more. (One file is missing albums/edit/no_FTP-uploads_into_this_folder!)

ps. I am very thankful for any help and your grate job. But believe - I always try to find salvation  BEFORE I post question, and I really try to follow the rules. (it is not so easy for somebody who don't speak english fluently). Finding exact topic is very hard - because of number of them, and searching in not always helpful.

okiem

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2009, 07:10:51 pm »

sorry once more

I found that this change what I did in search.inc.php
Code: [Select]
$type = $_POST['type']
for
$type = $_REYUEST['type']

gives possibility to prepare search string what I can use in links

Code: [Select]
http://my_site.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=search&search=one%20two&type=AND
it works on the thumbnails page giving proper results, but makes troubles with intermediate pictures which comming from OR-results, also regular searching has the same problem (thumbnails form NA-result, intermidiate pictures form OR-result) - thumbnails guide to wrong intermidiate pictures

sweeching back to $_POST.. - solve problem with regular searching but again search-links for two-words-results-with-AND-type - gives result of OR searching

so.... I realy look for better way to prepare links with "type=AND"
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 20 queries.