Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Turned Down]: Requirements Analysis  (Read 4924 times)

Asefstat

• Coppermine newbie
[Turned Down]: Requirements Analysis
« on: November 11, 2009, 09:11:35 pm »

Hello!I am interesting in writing a requirements document for Coppermine and I would really appreciate any help!I really don't know if I should post this here, but I hope there will be a reply!
Regards,
Semina Efstathaki
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 10:52:01 am by Joachim Müller »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Requirements Analysis
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009, 09:35:32 am »

I really don't know if I should post this here
Obviously not, as yours is not a valid feature request. Moving from the feature request (where only requests for new features in future versions are allowed) to the support board.

I am interesting in writing a requirements document
Not sure what that is. Our documentation already contains a section about the minimum requirements of coppermine. Not sure what you mean. Elaborate!

Asefstat

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2009, 09:18:54 pm »

There is a good explanation in wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_Requirements_Specification).

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2009, 12:11:50 am »

That's all nonsense if you ask me. There already is a section about the minimum requirements for coppermine in the docs. It doesn't get any more detailed than that.

Asefstat

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2009, 01:22:35 pm »

Well, I am a student in Computer Science Department of Aristotle University(Greece) and this is a project I have to make for the "Software Engineering" course. I would be gratefull if you or any other developer could help me in case a problem occurs. I don't think that I will have a lot of problems because the documentation and "FAQ" section of Coppermine are very adequate, but I still have to have your consent to go on. Waiting forward to your reply!!!!!!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2009, 05:07:44 pm »

Consent for what?

Asefstat

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2009, 11:25:51 pm »

To start my project for Coppermine. Because if you don't agree with this and I cannot have your help, I will have to start looking for another programme again!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2009, 10:51:50 am »

You can not expect help from us, as it's not clear for me what you want help with. As I already told you, the minimum requirements section exists in the docs that explain what the minimum requirements are for coppermine. I can't see how you're going to start an academical project on this little issue: it's not even enough flesh to it to write an essay about it. As far as the Coppermine dev team is concerned you're welcome to start working on your project, that's OK for us. But you can not expect help from us in any way: we're a bunch of coders. You can't expect us to review academic projects. There is nothing else I have to say, sorry. Marking thread as "turned down"
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.