Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Batch upload and sort pictures problem after upgrade php5  (Read 9553 times)

tonyamsterdam

• Coppermine newbie
Batch upload and sort pictures problem after upgrade php5
« on: November 10, 2009, 05:32:49 pm »

After my site was moved to a new server with php5/mysql5 I upgraded to the latest version: 1.4.25. I updated the database in admin. I still have 2 problems which I can't solve:
  • Batch upload shows all the albums but if I select one the new page only shows the text "list of new files" and no files
  • Sort my pictures only shows the text "picture manager, select album" and nothing else, no boxes
I enabled debug mode but it doesn't show anything on these pages. The rest of the script seems to work fine. I searched the forum but couldn't find an answer. It must be something simple but I'm no expert on this. Help greatly appreciated.

Jeff Bailey

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Fishing relaxes me.
    • Bailey Family Co.
Re: Batch upload and sort pictures problem after upgrade php5
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 05:43:13 pm »

Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it. - Henry Ford

tonyamsterdam

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 08:44:25 pm »

I'm sorry, I didn't know the etiquette.
Here is my gallery: http://www.tonyamsterdam.com/galleries ("not safe for work" )
And this is the user account I created: user: guest  password: coppermine
Thanks for any help

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2009, 09:49:52 pm »

Well done on reading the docs and doing most of the things asked. That is something a lot of users do not bother with.

Unfortunately, your theme is preventing us from seeing the upload page properly so I had to view it using the sample theme. However, as there is no album where I am allowed to upload file to test uploading it is hard to help. So re-read the aformentioned docs and creat a test album with all the right permissions. Then test that login and upload a file yourself before returning with a logon link that we can simply click rather than going around in circles to find.

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

tonyamsterdam

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2009, 12:43:57 am »

I made an album "test" (in the root: http://www.tonyamsterdam.com/galleries/, I couldn't get it in the user albums) which can be viewed and uploaded by the "guests" group and I set "single files upload only" and gave the guest group permission to upload without approval. But there also seems a problem with the upload.php file because it doesn't work, not for the quest nor the administrator. I also uploaded the classic theme and checked it there, but without succes. So I really don't know what to do now.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2009, 08:52:21 am »

But there also seems a problem with the upload.php file because it doesn't work, not for the quest nor the administrator. I also uploaded the classic theme and checked it there, but without succes. So I really don't know what to do now.
Your coppermine core files are broken. Even though you appear to run the most recent stable cpg1.4.25 you should perform an upgrade, downloading a vanilla package of coppermine and upgrading as suggested in the docs. This should solve most issues you have. Even when using the classic theme I can see the animated gif of a girl aiming at the viewer with a gun and your copyrights at the very bottom of the page (see screenshot), which leads me to believe that you have edited a file that you should not have edited. Such edits need to go into the theme and not into a core file. Looks like you have used an editor that messes up PHP files.

tonyamsterdam

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2009, 11:55:20 am »

I appreciate your help but the GIF and copyrights are in a seperate file footer.txt and they are added to the pages in admin/config (Path to custom footer include), so it has nothing to do with broken files. The day before yesterday I downloaded the last stable version and uploaded it to my server and I didn't alter anything so it's clean. It just won't work right uploading and sorting pix. 

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2009, 12:00:31 pm »

That might be the case for the index, but the upload page appears to be broken - it stops in mid-air.

tonyamsterdam

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2009, 12:19:19 pm »

But that's the problem: the upload page, the sort pictures page and the batch add files page (after I select a folder) all behave similar: just a header and then nothing, also no footer. All these files I have replaced with new, unaltered ones 2 days ago

tonyamsterdam

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2009, 12:34:15 pm »

I discovered another page that doesn't upload completely: the admin tools page gets cut of after "select album". So there are 4 pages that don't upload right. I doublechecked the files on the server and they are all uncorrupted versions 1.4.25. I have another Coppermine installation which made the transfer from php4 to php5 (version 5.2.4) without flaws. But this one on the new server with php5 version 5.2.11 is stuck real bad. If this can't be solved I have to look for another gallery script which I hate. I hope you guys can come up with some sort of solution.

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2009, 01:01:57 pm »

Perhaps you should try another method/software to do your uploading. This really sounds like a host specific, not a Coppermine problem. Maybe it has something to do with their CentOS or their php settings, but not generic to CPG.

Have you tried using Filezilla in binary mode?  One questionable file at a time?

« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 01:20:17 pm by i-imagine »

tonyamsterdam

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2009, 01:15:02 pm »

I always upload with filezilla set to automatic, but did it set to binairy again with no succes. I already checked the files on the server with filezilla and they are uncorrupted. Can I mail the server settings for you to check?

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2009, 01:20:42 pm »

As Phil mentioned above there are issues with your theme.
This displays just fine...... http://www.tonyamsterdam.com/galleries/index.php?theme=classic

From the W3C Validator for your theme:
Error  Line 3, Column 1: Missing xmlns attribute for element html. The value should be: http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml

Re-check your theme's influence on your problems.

tonyamsterdam

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2009, 01:28:29 pm »

I'm sorry but you evidently read the thread fragmentarily. Display of most of the files is without problem. There are 4 pages that don't load up right, also within the classic theme.

tonyamsterdam

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2009, 03:51:21 pm »

Has someone experienced a working Coppermine installation on a server with php 5 version 5.2.11 without the problems I encounter?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2009, 07:19:43 pm »

Yes, Coppermine runs fine with PHP5.

tonyamsterdam

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2009, 08:09:19 pm »

Well evidently not on the server of my host. I asked specificaly for this php version 5.2.11 because I understand it's a bit newer than Coppermine version 1.4.25. I put your latest version on this server and it is not working. I didn't do anything wrong uploading the files. So it must be some incompatibility of the script and the server. Maybe someone is willing to look into my hosts server configuration? I'm trying to save my gallery and appreciate your help greatly

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2009, 12:55:25 am »

It's very unlikely that this is an issue with PHP. Coppermine runs fine on my testbed with PHP5.2.10. To make sure, backup your live gallery and use that backup on a testbed with another PHP version to test. Something we won't be able to help you with; we can not figure out your webhosting issues for you.

tonyamsterdam

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2009, 01:27:12 am »

I' ve had my Coppermine gallery for 3,5 years without problems until my host put it on a new server a few weeks ago. I had version 1.4.18 running and upgraded to version 1.4.25, but it showed the same problems. I thank you for your time and I'll try a few things this weekend. If something showes up I'll post it. But I doubt it. I have another identical Coppermine gallery on another server with php 5 version 5.2.4 still going strong.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 20 queries.