Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is there a way to have an admin ONLY theme?  (Read 4964 times)

drumz

• Coppermine novice
  • chill for the thrill
Is there a way to have an admin ONLY theme?
« on: November 09, 2009, 06:51:27 pm »

Because of the custom theme I'm using (I hired someone to create the theme so don't blame me if there is something wrong with it, broke some rule, etc, yada, yada, yada) I can't see the control panel without switching to the classic theme. I don't want users to have the ability to switch themes but I, as the admin, would like to only see the classic theme so I can do admin stuff. Is there a way to accomplish this? Will the new version have that or maybe there's a plug-in?

Gallery:
http://blackboardmusic.com/gallery/index.php?cat=3

Thanks in advance.

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page
Re: Is there a way to have an admin ONLY theme?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 07:14:45 pm »

The first thing you need to do is upgrade your Coppermine to cpg1.4.25.
Your version is out of date and vulnerable. <!--Coppermine Photo Gallery 1.4.18 (stable)-->

Then make sure you do not show the Theme Select List to visitors.

Afterward simply bookmark the theme you want to use............
http://blackboardmusic.com/gallery/login.php?theme=classic

You could also try to "obscure by renaming" the Classic theme folder to something that you only would know, although obscurity has it's limitations.

Upgrade before anything - today.

drumz

• Coppermine novice
  • chill for the thrill
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 07:45:42 pm »

Thanks very much for your help!

I do not want to touch this thing. I looked through the docs and upgrading just doesn't jump out at me (looks like I have to do a complete install) so probably not going to do anything since the site is inherited and is running fine, I'm happy. Unless there is some major breakdown going to happen I will wait until I have more time to read through everything. Too bad it doesn't upgrade like Wordpress, click a button, done. Instead of making people spend an hour or 2 reading documentation.

Thanks again.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2009, 07:58:30 pm »

You know the rules by now. Either upgrade or you will get no support. It is simple and important. As it is, anyone could hack your site in minutes. If you are happy for that to happen then fine by me, that is your choice.

Review your attitude too. You have been overly rude to supporters in a couple of your threads. This is your final warning before I ban you.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

drumz

• Coppermine novice
  • chill for the thrill
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2009, 08:02:06 pm »

Thanks

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2009, 08:45:36 pm »

OT: Are you aware that there are 2 users with admin rights on your site - one called levi? It could be that you have left upgrading too long.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

drumz

• Coppermine novice
  • chill for the thrill
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2009, 10:48:19 pm »

I know. He is an employee and only uploads images - he's afraid to try to do anything else. This is a free site for middle school and high school kids. They put on dances and take pictures that Levi uploads. They are having a hard time now due to the economy so they don't have the budget to allow me to spend any time on the site - I only charge them 50% of my normal fee. To help with their budget crunch I moved the domain FOR FREE to a better more affordable hosting package and therefore my support requests.
I said that eventually I will update but need to go through all the docs to figure out how to do it and most importantly, when they pay me to spend the time do that. I get paid very little for working on this site so I do things as time and their budget allows. I do allot of work for free for them but am hesitant to upgrade due to my experiences here. And if you think I am being rude, I'm sorry but again, I didn't install Coppermine and now have to support it (basically on my time) and then come here and get lambasted for not following some rules as if that was my intention. I visit many forums and none are as uptight as here. Not a great experience and therefore my reluctance. If it ain't broke don't fix it is how you have to operate on a limited budget.
Thanks for your concern though and I hope my honesty doesn't again get called out as being rude.
Peace.

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2009, 12:12:29 am »

Honesty would have been to preface your first post with:
"I have no interest in reading the manual or the rules for posting"

The word count in section 3.1.3 Upgrading from cpg1.4.0 (or better) to version cpg1.4.25 (see Documentation at the top of this page?) is probably less than the word count in the last posting.

It is very disappointing to spend time assisting someone who has not spent a few minutes reading before posting and someone with so little interest in following through.

It is also very disappointing to lose anyone's Gallery because some of the fundamental requirements to run it weren't followed. Your reluctance to upgrade is absurd.

Locking
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.