Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to move files from albums to Categorys  (Read 2268 times)

garindan

• Coppermine newbie
How to move files from albums to Categorys
« on: November 10, 2009, 12:23:55 am »

Hi there just wanting to know something simple,  I made a few albums with a lot of photos but i should have done Categorys now that i have made those i want to move those files into the correct Categorys how can i do this without having to remove each album and reimport each file.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: How to move files from albums to Categorys
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 12:33:00 am »

If you know your way around phpmyadmin the following thread might help

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,45737.0.html

Or you could just go into the properties for each photo and edit them.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: How to move files from albums to Categorys
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 07:29:54 am »

Categories can not contain files. Only albums can contain files. Categories can only contain sub-categories and albums, but not files. If the albums you created reside in the root category (i.e. if they are in no category at all) and you want them within categories, just create the categories as you see fit and then move the album(s) into the categories using the category drop-down list on the album properties screen.
You don't need particular hacks or add-ons to apply a simple move of an album from "no category" into another admin-created category.
For details and for any future requests, please read up board rules and do as suggested there. Note the fact that posting a link to your gallery is mandatory in every thread you have.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 20 queries.