Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Closed]: Cannot find info on backing up/moving to new server  (Read 3187 times)

drumz

• Coppermine novice
  • chill for the thrill
[Closed]: Cannot find info on backing up/moving to new server
« on: November 08, 2009, 04:40:48 am »

Where is documentation for moving the program to another server/host? I see people getting chewed out for asking this question yet can't find that in the FAQ or documentation. I have a somewhat unique question...

I installed it in the new location, manually copied all the files and then will create a new dB there and import. I couldn't find a backup feature which seems odd. But that's cool, I know how to do it in MySQL.

So, I wanted to mirror the installation but I guess I should have installed first because I copied the files over and then ran the install and it said no: Folder already exists... I wanted to avoid people losing their bookmarks (there are over 140,000 images). Can I trick it in the PHP config file and change the directory name there? Old dir = gallery, new dir=photogallery.

Any help is most appreciative.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 11:28:38 pm by Phill Luckhurst »

drumz

• Coppermine novice
  • chill for the thrill
Re: Cannot find info on backing up/moving to new server
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2009, 05:14:19 am »

I am trying to import the dB but am getting a timeout error (I am allowing interrupts). The file is almost 5MB so not sure how I'm going to do this. Is there a size limit?
Thanks,

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2009, 10:53:23 pm »

Where is documentation for moving the program to another server/host? I see people getting chewed out for asking this question yet can't find that in the FAQ or documentation.
Really? Here you go: http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/faq.htm#moveGallery

I installed it in the new location
That's not what you're told to do.
I couldn't find a backup feature which seems odd.
Really? Amazing. I found some, e.g. http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,40439.html or http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,58906.html

You've been told about board rules before. This is the last time I'm reminding you of them.

Not related to initial install, moving accordingly.

drumz

• Coppermine novice
  • chill for the thrill
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2009, 11:24:18 pm »

REALLY!!! I DID DO SEARCHES AND DIDN'T FIND WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR!!! Maybe I didn't search right? What's that worth, 30 lashes?

What is your problem? A board is a place for help! If you don't like helping people what are you doing here?!?
Maybe it's time to move on if this stuff bothers you so much. Shed the lizard skin.

Thanks for the links, I have everything moved so I guess all my troubles lay with MySql and the new host. I promise to try to follow your rules because I'm just a pawn stuck with a program I don't use or know and I have to go way deeper than any other program just to do basic things so please forgive me.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
[Closed]: Re: Cannot find info on backing up/moving to new server
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2009, 11:27:59 pm »

Closed, Locking ::)
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.