Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Usuall error - There was an error while processing a database query but ....  (Read 6104 times)

fantomik

• Coppermine newbie

Hi,
when I install Stramm modpack to cpg1.4, this type of error is displayed (Critical error
There was an error while processing a database query ) when I want for example to clear comments, clear photos, add to buddy list...etc.

I don't see "Modded by Stramm" under "Powered by..." in footer. I use english language, so I can see the menu in config like watermark or buddy, but when I choose something, nothing is done. No watermark, no buddy list, etc.

I have read topics here, but NO SOLVE for me. I tried every your advice here, I probably always do the same mistake round about, but yesterday I just tried to find my mistake from 8 a.m. to 8 a.m. (24 hours).

I really like the Stramm modpack and I won't make my site without it (because I need watermark, buddy list and private messages).

I reinstall mysql database again and again, cpg1.4.... everything is ok to moment, when I install Stramm modpack.
(I upload modpack to my root directory where is installed cpg1.4, so some files are rewrited by files from modpack - as I have read here, it is right thing. Then I execute install.php (i tried update.php too)... then I tried the debug mode... no errors there. Repair tables in sql. Nothing helped solve this problem.

I think of it every minute of my life, so I decided for your help. Please help me, I will be very obligated to you. Your modpack is really what I need for my users...
Tom

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me

Hi Tom,

Please post a link to your gallery to aid in the diagnostics.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

fantomik

• Coppermine newbie

This is http://www.miss-silonky.cz/index.php - contest... (on http://www.miss-silonky.cz/index.html is the old version without mysql and php)
I will do everything.

fantomik

• Coppermine newbie

You can login for "pavlab" with password "miss" and try errors for example when you want do have somebody in buddy list etc...- there is nobody registered yet - nobody knows about it.

Stramm

• Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt

You have not uploaded all modpack files. Upload these files again leaving the folder structure intact and overwriting the existing files. Then run update.php.

fantomik

• Coppermine newbie

I thought I have uploaded all files...  :-[ because I uploaded the only one .zip file on the server and it was self-extracted here... so I did not controll if all files were uploaded...
I will try it again and I will post here the result... thank you.

fantomik

• Coppermine newbie

Interesting thing:

1) I made new folder on my server.
2) I installed there cpg1.4.24 and made new sql tables
3) I installed Stramm modpack 1.4.x
4) EVERYTHING IS OK - i can use watermark, buddy list, clear comments and NO ERROR...

The only difference from my work from last problems is that:

a) I didn't use webftp access, but total commander when I upload all files...
b) I installed cpg1.4.24 and not 1.4.25 like last time (but I think it was not this problem)

Result:

Now, when I see that everything is so nice with Stramm modpack, I will try to re-install my actuall gallery and I hope it will be OK...

Thank you very much - maybe it was because via webftp access some file was not uploaded... i will better use total commander now...

I am very happy, your advice lead to solve this problem.
Tom

fantomik

• Coppermine newbie

Stramm:

YOU WERE RIGHT. I upload ALL files again via total commander (not via webftp) and everything is ok!!! Really thank you.
It was really stupid mistake and I spend so much time to solve it... I really did not expect that all files from .zip archive will not be uploaded...

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.