Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Closed]: Changing domain name  (Read 5170 times)

aldenbaker

• Coppermine newbie
[Closed]: Changing domain name
« on: November 06, 2009, 06:28:29 pm »

The coppermine bridge has been installed in the Joomla! 1.015 CMS and works flawlessly. We have changed the domain name. I have adjusted the Joomla file: configuration.php setting $mosConfig_live_site to reflect the new domain name.

HOWEVER, I can't seem to locate the config file to change so that the Bridge will allow coppermine 1.4.20 to be directly accessed within Joomla as it has been.

Anyone know where/what file to adjust to reflect this change?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 09:47:08 am by Joachim Müller »
Those who would exchange liberty for protection deserve neither.

Jeff Bailey

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Fishing relaxes me.
    • Bailey Family Co.
Re: Changing domain name
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 06:40:21 pm »

Post a Link to your site and upgrade, you are vulnerable to hacking.
Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it. - Henry Ford

aldenbaker

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009, 07:20:30 pm »

The site is a members only site.

http://www.rwori.com

aldenbaker

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2009, 07:29:48 pm »

Post a Link to your site and upgrade, you are vulnerable to hacking.

Logic suggests that I resolve the bridge issue / new domain before doing a software upgrade.  Thanks but no thanks.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2009, 08:10:33 pm »

The link you provide does not show a coppermine gallery. If you want support we need a link to that.

As for bridging and not upgrading, logic suggests that you protect yourself. There is no point in us helping you at all if you go and get hacked tomorrow. That is just one of many reasons why we only provide support for the most recent version. So do as suggested, provide all the requested information and we will be glad to help.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

aldenbaker

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2009, 10:24:23 pm »

Perhaps I was unclear.

The Joomla site with the coppermine bridged has been running without problems for a year now.  The organization wished to change the domain name from rwori.com to rwone.org.

I installed the new domain name and made the appropriate change(s) to the joomla config file.  However, coppermine didn't like the change that I effected to the joomla site and didn't allow members to click on the photo album link and go directly to the coppermine installation (it wanted a login which did no good for it wouldn't accept the login entries).  I changed the joomla config file back to what it was previously and everything was fine.

Then I posted some queries when I was unable to discover what needed to be changed in the coppermine / bridge installations.

To this point, everything was still working fine.

Having seen no responses, I decided to load files from directories that I thought might hold the solution into Dreamweaver and then search for the string "rwori". 

Either I changed something without knowing or there is a new unknown problem with the server I am using.  Not only did the rwori site go down with an error 500 but also another addon domain that has been running perfectly (another joomla with NO coppermine.  Was I not paying attention and adjusted files in the wrong directory?).

Since this particular server's support can be downright frustrating, I am checking to see if it is something that I have done.  Currently, I am uploading recent backups to NEW respective sub-directories (having renamed the problem site directories in case it wasn't my changes that created this problem).

Now, even if the site wasn't down at this moment, as I mentioned previously, this is a members-only joomla site with coppermine installed within.  How would you expect to access this site?  Further, why do you need access?  Isn't the query simple: when changing a domain name to a site with coppermine installed within Joomla, where should the new domain be changed in coppermine?

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2009, 10:52:00 pm »

I am not prepared to argue our support policies. If you want support, upgrade as requested then post a link to your gallery.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

aldenbaker

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2009, 12:19:52 am »

Thank you for your time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 19 queries.