Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: helppp what'd i do wrong??  (Read 11944 times)

sarahbarnash

• Coppermine novice
Re: helppp what'd i do wrong??
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2009, 10:26:26 pm »

ARG im so close

sarahbarnash

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2009, 10:27:20 pm »

can anybody like upload a map of what it should look like...like the files itself. and should me where they should be

sarahbarnash

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2009, 10:28:44 pm »

i wish i knew my fathers password for FileZilla

Jeff Bailey

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Fishing relaxes me.
    • Bailey Family Co.
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2009, 10:44:42 pm »

first attachment is what your themes directory should look like...second attachment is what your themes/atsiv_grey directory should look like. note i am not using filezilla so it does look different but the structure is the same. Your files may be corrupt as it worked for me. try downloading it again too.
Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it. - Henry Ford

sarahbarnash

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2009, 11:21:07 pm »

why dont you just upload the theme on ur program?

sarahbarnash

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2009, 11:24:59 pm »

i did what u said to do and the website is how it is right now.... i did exactly what u told me to do what with movin that folder

Jeff Bailey

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Fishing relaxes me.
    • Bailey Family Co.
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2009, 11:30:42 pm »

Becuase I use cpanel not filezilla, I just happen to know how to use filezilla. Have you tried unzipping the "cpg1.4.x_theme_atsiv-grey_v1.1.zip" to your local machine then uploading just the unzipped folder called "atsiv_grey" to your themes directory? If that doesn't work for you Im stumped.
Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it. - Henry Ford

sarahbarnash

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2009, 11:40:50 pm »

okay so u want me to move all the files from this folder into the main folder which is called cpg1.4.x_theme_atsiv-grey_v1.1 right?

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2009, 11:45:28 pm »

Please stop abbreviating words text speak style, it really is annoying.

It is not working because you have not once done it as requested. Slow down, stop speed posting and think about what you are doing. Start by looking at the other themes that are included in coppermine. Each directory should show you how it shoud look eg, the classic folder contains its required files, the smae goes for each of the included themes. Then make you astiv theme look the same in the file structure.

For example, once you have unzipped the theme you will have a folder called astiv, in that folder you will have the files that make up the theme such as theme.php, style.css etc. These file must be in the right place for coppermine to see them. In your case the structure would be something like bestmalescelebs.com>gallery>themes>astiv>theme.php and all the rest of the files. It is simple and all in the docs.

http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#creating

If you cannot do it using these simple instructions then get someone to sit down with you and help. We just cannot teach you these things. Jeff has done his very best but you still appear to not quite get it. At least you are trying, so keep at it and it will suddenly click.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2009, 11:45:51 pm »

@ sarahbarnash,

You really need to learn some of the basics of FTP - theme or no theme you will need to upgrade the gallery someday.....

1) Look at the files/directory layout/structure on your home computer where you unzipped your Coppermine. The layouts of the file/directory(s)  should be the same on your server. This will show you how/where to put the folder with your new theme.  You could also practice with a less complicated theme too. (I strongly suggest the practicing)

2) You probably have loaded some theme related files into your gallery root directory. Remove them. Again,  use the "clean" Coppermine on your home computer as your guide. (before you ask....the root directory is the base/home where all of the files/folders reside)

This action you are trying is one of the basic operations that webmasters must know.

"mercifully, this thread must end soon"
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 01:07:34 am by i-imagine »

sarahbarnash

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2009, 11:48:36 pm »

oh okay, oh well ill just keep using the coppermine themes that are already in there then oh well. thanks for trying to help me. evem tho i got no where. bye
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.