Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Closed]: Need a bare bones theme  (Read 8400 times)

mariahxxx

• Coppermine regular visitor
[Closed]: Need a bare bones theme
« on: November 03, 2009, 03:06:43 pm »

I want a theme that will remove nearly all navigation and run seemless in a frame on my site.

Please contact me and we'll get started ASAP!

thanks!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 08:16:40 am by Joachim Müller »

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Need a bare bones theme
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 04:13:06 pm »

Hi Mariah,

I installed the flv player on your website some time ago.

Please give a link to your website so I can determine if I can do the job for you. How much are you willing to pay for the theme?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009, 06:43:55 pm »

@Mariah: you have been reminded so often about board rules that it hurts. In another thread of you on this very board I have posted
And how should a potential freelancer be able to decide if he/she's willing to take the job if you don't let him/her see how your site does look like? There can be only a quote if the potential taker can see your site. Anyone who claims that he can do that without seing your site first is either not skilled enough or just plain stupid. You wouldn't want to hire that type of person. This being said: post what you have, i.e. a link to your site even if it's a work in progress. It's mandatory to do so, as per the sticky thread on this sub-board that is named "sub-board rules, read first!". It's mandatory to read those rules and do as they say: you're not allowed to post if you haven't read them and you're not allowed to post messages that don't respect those rules.
This is your last warning to respect board rules in the future. If you don't, you'll get banned.

mariahxxx

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 11:04:08 pm »

hey, I understand but my site is adult in nature and last time I linked to my site I had this judgmental femi-nazi email calling me every term ever associated with the term whore and a few that were new to me.

I just don't want to offend anyone and thought if I get a reply I would link them. The other issue is that the coppermine is installed inside my members area so a link would have been useless to begin with unless I posted a username and password but that would have been blocked with multiple IP accesses anyway.

Sorry about that. Just trying to not make any unneccesary waves ya know?

mariahxxx

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 11:07:04 pm »

basically i want the coppermine to be black other than the content and the home, search, most viewed, comments and last uploads links so it looks seemless with the frames it loads within. If you email me mariah@mariahxxx.net I'll prove you with access to the site so you can see the current page.

Thanks and again, sorry for the lack of details before.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2009, 11:50:18 pm »

A link is still usefull and is really IMO mandatory. The face that it is password protected does not really come into it. It allows a potential freelancer to see how much work is involved in creating a custom theme to fit your site which is what you are after. Don't get someone to do it with a frame as they suck big time. Instead get it done properly with a custom theme so it really looks part of your site.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2009, 12:46:08 am »

Posting your email address will only attract email harvesters. The board rules explain what you need to do if your gallery contains adult content. I'm not ready to argue with you about the need to post a link - the word "mandatory" in the board rules means it's a must. The sticky says the very same thing.

mariahxxx

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2009, 01:46:39 am »

ok sorry. I just didnt want to get that angry bitch emailing me again lol

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2009, 07:27:33 am »

You still haven't posted a link to your site in this thread. ::) My tolerance level is already low as far as misbehaviour from your side is concerned, so why do you waste our time with remarks like the previous one instead of doing what needs to be done?

mariahxxx

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2009, 01:13:02 pm »

http://mariahxxx.net   that's the link to my site. it isnt the coppermine page so thought it would be useless, but there it is.

you MUST be 18 to view the link and contains adult material. DO NOT view it if you do not wish to view content of an adult nature!!!!!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2009, 03:10:02 pm »

it isnt the coppermine page
Then post that link, for christ's sake, because that's what we ask for per board rules: we don't want to know your domain name nor your overall site address, but we explicitely ask for the link to your coppermine-driven gallery. The warning text above is not the text you're suppossed to post with adult links neither. Stop playing games, once and for all! We're not in the mood to be sent around in circles on your site, trying to find out where your coppermine-driven gallery resides at. You can do that with your regular site visitors, but you can't do that to us. Do exactly as suggested per board rules, with the word "exactly" written as bold as possible.

mariahxxx

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2009, 01:14:48 am »

I can't win! The link to the coppermine gallery is password protected! I said that before as why I didnt post the link.

Ok before I get booted from the board I'll stop. Never mind, I no longer need the help.

thanks

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2009, 02:12:18 am »

Perhaps this will help you to get the help that you seek.  It can also apply to those with other 'private' Galleries and/or albums looking for support, paid or not.

"If you are looking for support for your private gallery or Coppermine installation you must keep in mind Board Rule #8 Posting Links to Your Gallery. In most cases supporters need to have a look at the Galleries to check for common mistakes, out-dated installations and also they need to see the Galleries simply because it is the most efficient use of their time. This time is given for free by the moderators, Dev. Team members, supporters and posters on the Support Forum.

So IF you want people to spend their time supporting your Coppermine AND you want to also want to keep your "private's private" THEN consider the following options before posting.

If you have a completely private Gallery then create a new duplicate test gallery on your server. Copy your theme, mods. and plugins.  Use "non-private" content to fill the albums and the text in template.html if needed. Name it as a test or beta gallery in it's new folder so it is easy to identify. (ex. mycpg-gallery.net/testing/) Having a test gallery can be useful anyway.
Estimated time 15 - 30 minutes.

If you have private albums, create public albums for supporters to see. Use "non-private" content to fill the albums. If needed create the group with permissions to view and or upload to.
Estimated time 5 - 15 minutes.

The time you spend in the beginning will be time saved by the people helping, the people trying and also by you in getting your problem solved."

(please note that this was written as a "generic" response or a guide also directed towards the wider audience too)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 03:16:43 am by i-imagine »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 19 queries.