Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Allow many users - one group - static categories - edit only their own pic.  (Read 3450 times)

jokerper

• Coppermine newbie

Hi,

I have read about groups. But im am not sure, about my question - are answered before in a different way. Because i have used the google translate.

But i am interesting to know is it possible to make a group like this.

All users shall have the same categories - added by the Admin .

The users shall only have access to delete their own pictures, and shall not be able to add more categories.

I think i would like to have a lot of categories, and won the users to make their own albums in these categories.

Sorry again if it is answered before.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

That's the default behaviour of coppermine. Allow you registered users (the default group "registered") on the groups control panel to upload to public albums. Then go to the album properties screen of each public album and set "visitors can upload" to "yes". Finally, go to coppermine's config and enable "Allow users to retain control over their pics in public galleries". And yes, this has indeed been asked before a thousand times: it's in the docs that you need to have read before being allowed to ask questions...
Additionally, we ask users to have read the board rules before posting, which you obviously failed to do (or else you would have posted a link to your gallery, which is mandatory in each thread!). I understand that you're struggeling with the English language, but that's no excuse for not having read the board rules: the translation tools that you obviously used to create your posting could translate entire pages for you as well, like the documentation or the board rules.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 21 queries.