Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Does Coppermine have the following?  (Read 7924 times)

SeanC

• Coppermine newbie
Does Coppermine have the following?
« on: October 29, 2009, 09:48:25 pm »

I am planning on setting up a website using coppermine for a model (my cousin) but I am having some trouble locating a few mods (if there are mods / plugins that can do this)

1: we need some sort of 'page' where we can have a 'about me' page and some other goodies like that
2: contact us nm found that one
3: some way to protect the images from thives, I have seen a way to disable rightclicking, but that can only take you so far, is there a better way?
4: is there a way to 'hide' the login from the public?, on this website we don't want the public to be able to have an account, and seeing a login with no register button may confuse the user.... so is there a way to make it like http://Http://DOMAIN.COM/LOGIN where the 'log in' is?

Jeff Bailey

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Fishing relaxes me.
    • Bailey Family Co.
Re: Does Coppermine have the following?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 09:57:47 pm »

Do your homework before posting.

1: we need some sort of 'page' where we can have a 'about me' page and some other goodies like that
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,15543.html MiniCMS
3: some way to protect the images from thives, I have seen a way to disable rightclicking, but that can only take you so far, is there a better way?
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,33377.html R.C. Menu
If you are talking about bandwidth thieves look up how to edit .htaccess
There is no real way to protect your photos without taking them off the internet.
4: is there a way to 'hide' the login from the public?, on this website we don't want the public to be able to have an account, and seeing a login with no register button may confuse the user.... so is there a way to make it like http://Http://DOMAIN.COM/LOGIN where the 'log in' is?
http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm Read the docs.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 10:37:38 pm by Jeff Bailey »
Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it. - Henry Ford

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2009, 10:15:00 pm »

Please also read the board rules that you agreed to respect when you signed up.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

SeanC

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2009, 10:53:37 pm »

As a matter of fact I did do my 'homework' before posting my questions, and if you did take a look at your minicms suggestion you would notice one thing...
(text pulled from READ ME)
* Coppermine should be 1.4.9 or above to work with CPG MiniCMS 1.6.
meanwhile the latest STABLE release available for download is 1.4.25 so this miniCMS will NOT work.
I don't need a RIGHT CLICK menu as I plan to disable that, I was just wondering if there was a BETTER way to secure the images.

and I know about the group access thing, but that still leaves the login VISIBLE TO THE PUBLIC, I was wondering if there was a way to make it so the login DOESN'T DISPLAY at all

as for the Board Rules, I dont see how I'm breaking any of them,
Read the documentation first! - I have done this, that is how I am aware of the group access thing, but like stated above this doesn't solve my problem
Read the FAQ - Done, I've checked there before I even logged in!
Search the board - Once again, I did but nothing really 'caught my eye' I did stumble upon MiniCMS, but when I downloaded it, the readme said it worked with 1.4.9 meanwhile the latest STABLE download for Coppermine is 1.4.25....
Read the stickies - yupp, sure did that to
Choose the proper board for your posting - hmmm, I think I posted in the right board?, my question is pertaining to 1.4.X, and I am looking for 'Support' (or Help) on some 'Plugins' so I would say that I posted in the right spot O_o
Use a meaningfull subject line - hmmm, ok so I might have broke this one a tad...
Be detailed - I was as detailed as I thought I could have been >__>
Post links - Didn't have any links to post....
Add attachments - Didn't have any attachments to post....
One question per thread - Ok, so this is really the ONLY one I knownly broke, why you might ask? well 4 posts, one right after another from the same user most forum moderators would consider spam, so I tossed them all into 1 post....
Post publicly - Yupp, sure did that

now I could keep on going with pulling the rules and proving that I did follow the board rules, but that might make me sound like a smart ass, which I'm not....

Jeff Bailey

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Fishing relaxes me.
    • Bailey Family Co.
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2009, 11:16:09 pm »

review your attitude.
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,62287.0.html Read. Whatever you read must have been a typo for 1.4.19. -Thanks i-imagine, should have seen that  ;)

With R.C Menu you can leave everything blank....making nothing come up when you right click.
4.12.10 User settings
Allow new user registrations

Defines whether new users can self-register or not. If you set this to NO, only the admin can create new users and the "register" link won't be displayed in the navigation.

Allow unlogged users (guest or anonymous) access

When set to "No", unlogged users (i.e. guests or anonymous users) can not access anything in your gallery except the login screen (and the registration screen, if you allow registrations). Completely disabling anonymous access will probably decrease your site's popularity. Use this option only if you need your gallery to be absolutely private. The recommended setting is to leave anonymous access enabled and use the more specific permissions by groups and albums settings instead.
Quote from the Docs that you "read".
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 11:23:30 pm by Jeff Bailey »
Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it. - Henry Ford

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2009, 11:19:33 pm »

CPG MiniCMS will work - check here in the manual and you will see how the revisions go.....
http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#upgrade_why_reasons

You can look at the watermarking in cpg1.4 modpack by Stramm

Removing menu buttons has been written/posted extensively.

You can also use Google to search this board in addition to the board search.

;D

SeanC

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2009, 11:45:36 pm »

(R.C. Menu) Disable right click and show your custom menu (Cross Browser) & You can use this plugin to Create your custom right click menu
both pulled form that thread, by reading that I thought the right click menu HAS to be in place, I did not know it would just remove it, thanks for clearing that up :)

Defines whether new users can self-register or not. If you set this to NO, only the admin can create new users and the "register" link won't be displayed in the navigation.

is there a way to 'hide' the login from the public?, on this website we don't want the public to be able to have an account, and seeing a login with no register button may confuse the user.... so is there a way to make it like http://Http://DOMAIN.COM/LOGIN where the 'log in' is?

OK so lets review my EXACT question here....
is there a way to 'hide' the login from the public? not the registration link....
on this website we don't want the public to be able to have an account, and seeing a login with no register button may confuse the user

in other words I KNOW ABOUT THAT WAY, I am wondering if there is a way to HIDE the LOGIN from the PUBLIC not the registration

and thanks i-imagine, I thought the revision numbers where different (on all the CMS's I use it usually works like so, 2.2.24 is a EARLIER patch then 2.2.3  so thats where my confusion came from, thanks for clearing that bit up :)

Jeff Bailey

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Fishing relaxes me.
    • Bailey Family Co.
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2009, 11:51:09 pm »

ok ill ask this question to make sure I'm not misunderstanding you. You want to protect your photos from the public...so I'm assuming you want the public to see them right?
Allow unlogged users (guest or anonymous) access

When set to "No", unlogged users (i.e. guests or anonymous users) can not access anything in your gallery except the login screen
If you set it to yes they go straight into your gallery  ;)
Now if you want to remove the login button in the nav
Removing menu buttons has been written/posted extensively

SeanC

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2009, 11:57:42 pm »

What I am looking for is a way that the viewers can NOT 'steal' my images, I know I can disable right click with a little script (I have done it before), but I know the right click disable will only go so far (an example is you can just fullview the image in a separate window and then right click, so I was looking for somethat that can add a little bit of extra protection to the images to prevent this.....

but I think that watermark idea looks great, I'll give that a shot

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2009, 12:09:40 am »

Please, please try searching and reading* - this took me < 2 tries to find. (much faster than re-posting.....)

Search  >>>  "Remove menu button"   {with quotes }

Result = http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,25197.0.html

#######

You can not, ever, never prevent someone from "keeping" an image that you have "given" them the privilege of viewing. The simple fact is that the image goes into the user's computer and it's cache and you can not stop someone from "keeping" it once you have given it to them. End of the story.*

Look into permanent watermarking - you can do it a thousand different ways.

#######

*this is for all future readers too!

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2009, 12:24:20 am »

I fully agree with i-Imagine's comments. There is no way you can stop someone from stealing your images. Some people seem to think an image is beamed like a tv picture to your screen and the right click is like hitting the record button on your dvd recorder. This is simply not the case. Every image you see on your screen is downloaded to your computer for your browser to render. Every image is save to your computer even if it is in a temporary folder. If you don't believe me, install google's picassa on your machine and let it search your hard drive. You will be shocked at just how many images are saved to your hdd while browsing the net.

The only 100% secure option is to not put your images on the net. But we often have to, so keep the resolution low and watermark them before uploading using a good batch processor (Gimp and Photoshop can easilly do this amongst others). That is the best way IMHO.

As for obeying the board rules I was specifically pointing to the "one question per thread rule". As you can see, this thread has gone off on many tangents so is hard for anyone to follow each item. That is why the rule is in place. We would not treat you as a spammer for obeying the rules and posting each question separately. Please respect those rules and treat supporters with the respect they deserve if you want continued support.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

ithron

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2009, 09:50:40 pm »

I have had great response with stramms watermark plugin: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,29817.0.html , worked great atleast on localhost.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 19 queries.