Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: Running into quite a few problems..  (Read 4555 times)

XBleed

• Coppermine regular visitor
[Solved]: Running into quite a few problems..
« on: May 17, 2004, 07:36:12 am »

Okay.. I must come into this by saying Coppermine is extremly hard to customize..
Wonderful script, skinning is easy, but customizing is HARD.  I get errors constantly.  Anyways.. on to the problems..

I need to display the image information BELOW the image itself.  This means inside the "intermediate image display" template.
(I know that it already does show up BELOW the image, but the way I want this laid out, that doesn't work.)

I also want to be able to move my custom fields around in the templates.. but I really see no way of this being possible.
I've attached an image below explaining my layout.  I did this layout with 4images, but the 4images/vB3 integration is horrible!! so I'm trying out coppermine.

Okay, now..
question number 2.  How can I set the width for the uploaded photo to show before having to click on it for a bigger view?  Right now it's a bit too wide for my likings.

I'm hoping all this is possible.. but it looks doubtful right now. :(

Thanks,

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 18, 2004, 10:14:52 am by GauGau »

hyperion

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • - retired -
Re: Running into quite a few problems..
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2004, 08:00:12 am »

1. This will probably require some interplay between the theme.php file and displayimage.php, as well as some of the function files.

2. Again, I direct you to the documentation. Read about intermediate picture settings.

http://coppermine.sourceforge.net/manual.php#config_picture_thumbnail
"Then, Fletch," that bright creature said to him, and the voice was very kind, "let's begin with level flight . . . ."

-Richard Bach, Jonathan Livingston Seagull

(https://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mozilla.org%2Fproducts%2Ffirefox%2Fbuttons%2Fgetfirefox_small.png&hash=9f6d645801cbc882a52f0ee76cfeda02625fc537)

XBleed

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2004, 08:04:18 am »

Thanks again,

And.. sorry.. I'll start overlooking this manual before I ask the questions I know are simple.. :)

BUT.. would anyone mind helping me with this layout?
I'm not that good at php/functions/whatever else..  :o ??? :D

XBleed

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2004, 08:13:30 am »

Thanks again,

And.. sorry.. I'll start overlooking this manual before I ask the questions I know are simple.. :)

BUT.. would anyone mind helping me with this layout?
I'm not that good at php/functions/whatever else..  :o ??? :D
Hmm..   I switched the intermediate pic to 200 px width but that didn't do anything.  I thought maybe cause it's already there, it won't automatically do that.. so I added it again and it's still at 535 width.. (the default was 400 so I don't see how this is happening)

Hopefully it's not me being a complete idiot again!  :-X

hyperion

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • - retired -
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2004, 08:18:49 am »

I'm not that good at php/functions/whatever else

You'll need to learn if you want to make these types of changes.  I don't provide in-depth help with these types of customizations, but there are others on this board who sometimes lend a helping hand in these situations.  Perhaps if you were more explicit about what you are actually doing, they might be inclined to offer you some advice.  For example, is the above screenshot an image of what you have already achieved in Coppermine, or is it a screenshot of what you had in 4images? 

The intermediate pics are not automatically resized.  However, new pics should be changing.  Play with it for a while, and post a screenshot of your config settings if you can't get it going.
"Then, Fletch," that bright creature said to him, and the voice was very kind, "let's begin with level flight . . . ."

-Richard Bach, Jonathan Livingston Seagull

(https://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mozilla.org%2Fproducts%2Ffirefox%2Fbuttons%2Fgetfirefox_small.png&hash=9f6d645801cbc882a52f0ee76cfeda02625fc537)

XBleed

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2004, 08:28:07 am »

For example, is the above screenshot an image of what you have already achieved in Coppermine, or is it a screenshot of what you had in 4images?
The above screen is what I would LOVE to achieve with Coppermine.  I had that layout with 4images and it fits perfectly... but the integration with 4images and vB is no where near as stable as Coppermine.

The intermediate pics are not automatically resized.  However, new pics should be changing.  Play with it for a while, and post a screenshot of your config settings if you can't get it going.
Will do, thanks for all the help.  It's good to finally get some support.  I purchased photopost (no idea why.. it wasn't smart of me) and so far they have been so horrible with support it makes me sick I gave them 129.99 for their script/services.  Very nice to see the support here for a script that is FREE!

So again, thanks.

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2004, 11:57:47 am »

To change the size of intermediate pics and/or thumbs you already have, you need to use the re-size tool.  If you are using hardwired theme(or one based on it) you will not see the link for this, so just browse directly to yoursite/coppermine/util.php.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

XBleed

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2004, 05:38:38 pm »

I've got the intermediate pics working just fine now!  Yay!

Okay, I'm seriously stuck on the whole layout thing though, I've been messing with both theme.php and displayimage.php.
Moving the custom fields around isn't such a big deal.  I'd just REALLY like to have the "photo info" display underneath my photo (like in the layout in the attachment above)

Can anyone PLEASE help me with this?
You'll save my day/life/etc.  :)

I've been trying to get it so I can use "(PHOTO_INFO}" anywhere in my templates but I can't get it to work at all.  It's kicking my ass..  :-\\
Thanks,

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2004, 08:16:44 pm »

I'm nort sure if I understand you correctly, because the custom fields do display under the picture.  And the are plenty of instructions on the boards on how to remove the items of pic info you don't want shown.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

XBleed

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2004, 09:11:42 pm »

I'm nort sure if I understand you correctly, because the custom fields do display under the picture.  And the are plenty of instructions on the boards on how to remove the items of pic info you don't want shown.

No no.. I figured out how to remove the ones I don't want there..   Well, I just commented them out in displayimage.php..
I need the photo info to appear below the image like it is in the attached picture in the first post.

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2004, 10:32:55 pm »

I think we have a language problem here.

The custom fields DO appear UNDER the pic.
Do you want the info UNDER the pic, or to the LEFT.
attached is a pic that is normal layout.  As youcan see, my 2 custom fields (Bike, Engine) are under the pic.

[attachment deleted by admin]

XBleed

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2004, 01:36:04 am »

Okay, I'll try and explain this the best I can.. cause I know it's confusing.

I need the image itself, and the image info displayed to the RIGHT of the image description and the image title.  Just like the attachment in the first post.  So far with Coppermine I am only able to have the image to the right of the image title and the description.. I just don't know how to get the image info displayed underneat the image now.

It DOES however display beneath it all together, just like in the screen shot you posted.  But that's just not exactly what I'd like to acheive with it.

My question about the custom fields was if they were moveable.  Like if there was anyway I could put "{CUSTOM_FIELD1}" in the layout anywhere.  But that's not really a huge issue as it looks fine itself with them displayed in the image info.

I hope that clears everything up?
If not, I can post it how I'd like it with the code when I get home from work. :)
Thanks,

XBleed

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2004, 08:59:46 am »

WOO!   ...  I think I'm getting the hang of this.

I have figured MOST of it out.  I have the "photo info" displaying SOMEWHAT under the image.  
I'm having problems with the layout though.
I can't seem to edit the "photo info" template to fit my style.  I can't have it use the "starttable" command in php, it simply won't work.

SO I tried hardcoding it..
Code: [Select]
      <table class=tborder width=100%><tr><td colspan=\"2\" class=\"tableh2_compact\"><b>{$lang_picinfo['title']}</b></td></tr>
       <tr><td class=\"tableb_compact\" valign=\"top\" nowrap>%s:</td><td class=\"tableb_compact\">%s</td></tr></table>
(NOTE:  I tried several attempts at this and nothing worked)
But I keep getting the broken tables all over my layout.
I assume it has something to do with this line of code:
Code: [Select]
   foreach ($info as $key => $value) $html .= sprintf($template, $key, $value);but I'm not sure what to put there.  

Can someone help me with this?  (This is going to be the last thing, I think..)
Thanks,

EDIT!!!!
I have it working now!!!!!  This is so cool!  Thanks to everyone for helping me out..
« Last Edit: May 18, 2004, 09:07:53 am by XBleed »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: [Solved]: Running into quite a few problems..
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2004, 10:15:29 am »

Please post your modifications so others may benefit as well :)

GauGau
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 19 queries.