Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question about users and groups  (Read 2581 times)

king2

• Contributor
  • Coppermine newbie
Question about users and groups
« on: March 25, 2004, 05:10:12 pm »

Hi!
First, sorry for my english :)

I'm using Coppermine with Invision Board and found a problem configuring them to work together.

I have user groups in the invision board and need to give some privileges to some users in the Coppermine. For example, I want to create 3 groups:

1. Can upload pictures and manage gallery
2. Can own private gallery and upload pictures without checking
3. Cannot have private gallery and can upload pictures only with permissions of members of group 1 :)

But I have some groups in the invision board forum and user privileges in the forum and in the Coppermine are two very different things. I want to assign admin privs. in gallery to ordinary user from forum, but admins/moderators from forum must have no way to upload pictures without approving.

What can I do?
(yes, I can divide each forum group into three with same permissions in the forum but different in the gallery, but i'm not sure that this is a good/right way).

If I cannot do it by Coppermine features, I will do it by adding such features to Coppermine (i like this thing!). How to do it right way (may be, some admins needs this feature or it will be useful to include patch to future release of Coppermine)?

Thanks.
king2

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
Question about users and groups
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2004, 09:10:17 pm »

At the moment, there is no way to give partial admin rights within coppermine, just to give full admin rights.  All users who are allowed to have personnal albums have the rights to admin their own albums.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

Smoothy

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Question about users and groups
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2004, 10:44:12 pm »

At the moment, there is no way to give partial admin rights within coppermine, just to give full admin rights.  All users who are allowed to have personnal albums have the rights to admin their own albums.

I allowed each user to have it's own album, but I still have to approve them each time they upload a picture.
Is there a way to let the own user approve his own pictures, but without having him as admin?

thanks

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2004, 10:50:53 pm »

Yes, go into 'groups' and make sure 'Priv. Upl. approval (2)' is set to NO for your users groups.  They can then upload to their own album without approval, but if 'Pub. Upl. approval (1)' is still set to YES, then uploads to public albums will still need your approval.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

Smoothy

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2004, 10:53:10 pm »

Yes, go into 'groups' and make sure 'Priv. Upl. approval (2)' is set to NO for your users groups.  They can then upload to their own album without approval, but if 'Pub. Upl. approval (1)' is still set to YES, then uploads to public albums will still need your approval.
Geez, thanks for the quick response, I've just read the answer in another post, that parameter is little ambiguous  ;D

that post should be on top of the list (http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=6207.0)

thanks again
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.