Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: HTML EDITOR  (Read 4582 times)

christianr

• Coppermine newbie
  • Christian Revival Network
[Solved]: HTML EDITOR
« on: October 26, 2009, 06:25:22 pm »

I have a question,

Is there any kind of HTML editor available for using as admin to give some links for the albums list f.i. information via other websites, I run a photographic arts website, it would be so usefull to enter data with an editor, no matter what kind of editor, but it is so more professional to add links via f.i. WIKIPEDIA so that users can have a feedback and as admin you can give a professional layout about what you are talking about, if it would be arranged to give this feature as a
plugin, that would be great !!!
Thanks for a quick reply. I know it is not a habit to do that, but you can help me and a lot of other users.
I am very satisfied about coppermine, so if you can arrange that for all users, it would be great !!!
Thanks a lot.
Georges.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 08:06:31 am by Joachim Müller »
Christian Revival Network is about the good news of Jesus Christ and the Kingdom of God.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: HTML EDITOR
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2009, 06:41:15 pm »

I don't understand what your actual request is: what should the editor do? Do you mean an editor application on your desktop? Please re-phrase your question.
In case you're requesting an advanced editor to edit the textarea fields in coppermine's forms: you can not use HTML in description fields and similar form elements for security reasons. If you're requesting an option to add links to those fields you should read the manual first: http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#bbcode

christianr

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 11:38:42 am »

Ok I understand, we use bbcode, but it is also usefull to have some very simple text editor like tiny. With a simple copy paste you can add parts of a website with links like Wikipedia to give to your users a biography of a painter or photographer. If you use bbcode, you have to format everything, what takes a lot of time. One of my sites is a php Nuke site, and they give a tiny-editor plugin so that you can give a professional text lay-out. Thanks for support.
Christian Revival Network is about the good news of Jesus Christ and the Kingdom of God.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2009, 11:42:29 am »

There is the mini-cms plugin.

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,15543.0.html

Not sure if that is what you are after.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2009, 12:57:37 pm »

Mentioning nuke here doesn't apply. Nuke is a portal / wannabe-CMS. Coppermine is not.

christianr

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2009, 03:49:45 pm »

Joachim,

I have a .com site with coppermine, a painters photographic site, the only thing I ask is a text editor for adding links of the Wikipedia website about biographic content of the painters. Here is the url : http://www.christianrevivalnetwork.com/index.php. Note that this site is under construction! Thanks for understanding this and the Nuke story is a good example of how it could be better. A schript without a text editor is acceptable for a Forum.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2009, 04:03:18 pm »

Seems like Coppermine is not the right tool for you then, as it doesn't come with a rich text editor for the description fields and other form elements that allow you to add textual content to your database. Coppermine doesn't have the feature you're asking for, no matter how much you insist that you need it badly. Try the MiniCMS as suggested, which does something slightly different.
Seems like you're abusing the comment fields to add descriptive text to individual records, which seems a little odd to me. Use the existing fields instead - that makes much more sense.
Upsetting staff around here even more by saying that phpnuke was a good example for anything is not a bright idea if you expect answers. In our opinion, phpnuke sucks.

christianr

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2009, 09:37:07 am »

I am very satisfied now, I have downloaded the Mini CMS and it meets perfectly my needs. Now i can add 1 information page for each painter.
Thank you very much, you are great !

paquets

• Coppermine regular visitor
Re: [Solved]: HTML EDITOR
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2009, 11:06:30 pm »

Is there a way the make the content added with minicms seachable within the CPG search function?

Thank you!

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: [Solved]: HTML EDITOR
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2009, 11:52:38 pm »

Please do not hijack other threads with unrelated questions.

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,55415.msg270632.html#msg270632

Locking
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 20 queries.