Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adminpass.php gives username and pass but they dont work.  (Read 7203 times)

BIG

• Coppermine novice
Adminpass.php gives username and pass but they dont work.
« on: October 25, 2009, 04:03:25 am »

this is the short. all of a sudden password that i have used for years is no longer working I did not lose it I know it. I downloaded adminpass.php it worked kinda. It gave me user name and password but when I tried to use them about 4th or 5th try it banned me. Now I am bannded from like 5 cpu's and 2 cell phones. I then do a search on ban and find that I can go to myadminphp on my server and zero out the ban list.. I did that and tried again and it banned me once more. Went back to myadminphp to zero out and it would not let me anymore. I am a novice -10 i have tried all methods except the on therad where I had to deal with appache.........  I also uploaded updated file and ran update php......can someone lead me in the direction.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Adminpass.php gives username and pass but they dont work.
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2009, 02:31:34 pm »

Yes, start by respecting board rules.

BIG

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2009, 04:57:39 am »

I guess the only board rule I did not do was post a link... The reason was becasuse I had adminpass still on the site. Yet at this point it really doesnt matter. The site is http://www.i-20riders.com/coppermine/index.php      I will leave adminpass on the site so anyone can see what it is doing.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2009, 07:54:05 am »

Your index page returns crippled output (and the footer is missing), so I guess you messed with the core files or they got broken/corrupted. Additionally, your gallery is outdated. Upgrading from your version (cpg1.4.19) to the current stable release (cpg1.4.25) should cure those issues with your broken files. Maybe the other issues you have with logging in will go away then as well.

BIG

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2009, 02:32:32 am »

The album was updated before I posted on here as a last resort so it should have shown the update. You can try the update php it's still there as a matter of fact all the files are there. To do a new gallery would not be such a big problem except I would not know the album list and I have a lot of albums...Thanks

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2009, 07:23:30 am »

Sent you a PM that contains my email address. If you trust me, do as suggested there and send me an email with your FTP details and I'll try to look into your issues.

Joachim

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2009, 03:54:13 pm »

Derrick,

you sent me an email as requested, but the email didn't contain the FTP details that I requested ::). The link in your email that seems to be meant to send me to your cpanel backend redirects to another port, but then the loading of that page times out, which probably is a safety mechanism of your webhost, who is probably blocking access from IP addresses that are not from your network. Anyway, I haven't asked for the cpanel access data, but the FTP details. One way or the other, you haven't been able to provide the details needed, so I can't help you :-[. You should have done this more thoroughly in the first place, as I rarely offer individual support and if I do I only do so once per user who is seeking for support, as I'm not willing to turn this into a game of email pong >:(.
This being said: I'm out of this thread. As a safetly precaution, it's advisable that you change the password of whatever access data you sent me by mail.

Joachim

BIG

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2009, 07:32:28 pm »

Well it is unfortunate  :-\ on my part as I didn’t understand and still don’t understand what you are asking for, with the information I gave you standard ftp protocol would still have given you access to the site at least I think,,,,like I said in the above post  I am a rookie -10,,,, that’s minus ten. The info that I gave you was directly to my server which meant you had access to everything to include my myadminphp rights , all folders and data bases if needed, you could have done anything you wanted to my site to include destroying it, if that didn’t prove that I was serious about getting your help I don’t know what is.  ???

I know your busy on these forums and have very little time and I was also surprised  and greatful you stopped to help me as many times you have come on post and crushed me for whatever reason and never once did you help me.. Normally Nibbler helps me out and is better understanding of the rookies/ non technical dudes and in one post you told me not to bother him after he or she answered a question which I had not. I am just a motorcycle rider trying to maintain a Coppermine gallery. Regardless thanks for your time Mr. Muller it was appreciated..

Last,, you could have told me that on email as I sent you my address with the info you requested,,yet you posted it on the forums. Why?  I can only assume to show everybody how lucky I was  ;D and am not  :-[.... Compassion is a lost art!!!!!  If anyone else would care me out please post or email me your time and help would be greatly appreciated.          

BIG

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2009, 06:00:43 am »

Thanks to all who tired to help... I gave up and started fresh so this issue was never solved persay until I installed a new gallery I deleted the old gallery... Once again thanks to everybody that helped...

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2009, 08:51:14 am »

The info that I gave you was directly to my server which meant you had access to everything to include my myadminphp rights , all folders and data bases if needed, you could have done anything you wanted to my site to include destroying it, if that didn’t prove that I was serious about getting your help I don’t know what is.  ???
No, that's wrong: the info you sent me by PM led me to a page that timed out. That piece of information you PMed me might work for you and maybe for someone else in your network (probably in the entire United States), but it does not work for me, as your webhost probably looks up the IP address of the visitor of the address you provided and "short-circuits" as a safety precaution against hackers from foreign countries. I have already told you so in my posting above.

with the information I gave you standard ftp protocol would still have given you access to the site at least I think
You're wrong again. You can't give me a protocol btw. You should have sent me the data that I need to enter into any FTP client on this planet that enables me to connect to your webserver using the FTP protocol (think of a protocol as a sort of language that computers talk among themselves). Usually, the FTP access data contain a hostname, a username and a password. The information you sent me did not contain a hostname, but a URL to a web page (http protocol, not ftp protocol), which is something entirely different.

you could have told me that on email as I sent you my address with the info you requested,,yet you posted it on the forums. Why?
Because there's no support by email - the email was only a one-way, one-time tool to submit the confidential FTP access data. There was no return mail to be expected. We cover all support pubclicly if possible, with the only exception of sending private information that is security-sensitive over private channels like emails. You knew that: I never said that we would be leading a discussion by email. I just gave you permission to send me an email once. You ruined the chance you had. I find it lame to return here and complain about that.

BIG

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2009, 02:59:58 pm »

You lost me, I never complained, not once. I explained that I was not a very technical person so surely you can understand if I sent you something wrong (lol maybe not), instead of  you saying dude that's not what I need how about something like this,,, you say I am done with you and the issue, I was cool with that you make the rules..  I did not know what worked for me would not work for you. Like I said thanks anyway, I resolved the issue myself, I much rather had known how this occurred so if it came up again it would help someone that's what  a support forum is about at least I thought it was,,,,,,more so then just starting but if you can't get help what are you suppose to do?????? I know just start over and that's what I did.  Once again Mr. Muller Thanks for your valid attempt to help me. : )

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2009, 03:06:14 pm »

Could you mark your thread as solved? It is the little tick in the top right of your post.

I am sure you can understand why we ask users to do this.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

BIG

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2009, 05:02:25 pm »

Lol yes i do... Thanks....
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.