Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Albums permissions  (Read 7898 times)

nambroque

• Coppermine regular visitor
    • Galería Fotometeo
Albums permissions
« on: October 19, 2009, 11:27:28 am »

Hello
I have created this gallery:
http://fotometeo.ame-web.org/
For Registered users I have selected:
"Public albums upload": Yes
"Personal galleries": Yes
In the albums properties, in "Visitors can upload pictures", I've selected: No
So, at the moment, registered users can create personal galleries and upload files to them, but they cannot upload files to the public ones.
This is exactly what I wanted
But I need to allow some users to upload pictures to public albums as well. May you please tell me what can I do?
Thanks
Fernando

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: Albums permissions
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 11:58:49 am »

Check out the groups panel in the docs.

http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#group_cp

You can create a new group and add those users to that.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

nambroque

• Galería Fotometeo
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 12:22:19 pm »

Check out the groups panel in the docs.

http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#group_cp

You can create a new group and add those users to that.

Thanks, I tried it, but if I create a group and add those users to it, they will not be allowed to upload pictures to the public albums anyway while in the albums properties (in "Visitors can upload pictures") the selection continues to be "No"

But if I select "Yes", then every Registered user will be able to upload pictures :-\

nambroque

• Galería Fotometeo
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 09:53:41 am »

I explain better what exactly happens:

A) If in "Visitors can upload pictures" (album properties) I select "Yes"

Then, if I create a group and allow them to upload pictures both to public and personal albums, they will be able to upload pictures to both of them. That´s OK

But if I disallow them to upload pictures to public albums and allow them to upload pictures to their personal galleries, they will not be allowed to upload pictures to any album! (personal or public)

That´s the problem, because I want to let users to be able to upload pictures to their personal galleries but not to the public ones. I only want some users (a group) to be allowed to upload pictures to public albums!

B) If I go to the album properties and I select "No" in "Visitors can upload pictures", then no one will be able to upload pics to it except administrators, whatever I do in the group control panel

I appreciate any help, thanks

Fernando

nambroque

• Galería Fotometeo
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2009, 05:56:28 am »

Solved??? Why?
All I need is so simple as this:
I want to have two groups, the users of one of them allowed to upload pics both to their personal galleries and to the public ones, and the users of the other one allowed to upload  pictures to their personal galleries but not to the public ones
And it is impossible! (I have explained what happens when I try)
I had no any useful answer and no solutions... why "solved" then?   :'( 

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2009, 07:40:54 am »

Solved??? Why?
Because you tagged the thread that way. You should have read board rules where this is being explained.

All I need is so simple as this:
I want to have two groups, the users of one of them allowed to upload pics both to their personal galleries and to the public ones, and the users of the other one allowed to upload  pictures to their personal galleries but not to the public ones
That's pretty easy to accomplish and works for everyone else. I wonder why it doesn't work for you? Maybe you have made a mistake on the way? The only method to find out is that someone who knows his way around tries it on your site. But then: who would want to do that when the person who is asking for help shows such an attitude as you do? Maybe you could yell less and ready more.

And it is impossible! (I have explained what happens when I try)
Then you must have made a mistake. Try it again, this time more carefully. You haven't even bothered to post a non-admin test user account to allow us to test for ourselves. And in case you ignore the obvious: using the button "user mode" will not allow you to see what a non-admin user is allowed to do, so don't use that button to try. You haven't posted what exactly goes wrong after doing what, and you don't seem to have read the docs thoroughly. Your complaint
I had no any useful answer and no solutions... why "solved" then?
is misplaced and inadequate; we're not your staff that you can boss around. Ask politely, providing the needed details, giving us time to react and not playing needlessly with the forum controls without knowing what you do might get you were you want to go.

nambroque

• Galería Fotometeo
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2009, 08:20:29 am »

I've spent hours searching, readind and trying
I asked politely
I didn´t get a solution
So, I didn't understand why this topic was "solved"
I would appreciate if anyone can tell me what exactly may I do to get what I need, that´s all...
Thanks

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2009, 09:01:48 am »

So, I didn't understand why this topic was "solved"

It is marked solve because you must have pressed the little tick in your first post. That is the only way it could have been marked in this way, something you have done, not us.

Read everything Joachim has suggested above. Do not post again until you have done so.

Niecher

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2009, 03:16:10 pm »

Hello
I have created this gallery:
http://fotometeo.ame-web.org/
For Registered users I have selected:
"Public albums upload": Yes
"Personal galleries": Yes
In the albums properties, in "Visitors can upload pictures", I've selected: No
So, at the moment, registered users can create personal galleries and upload files to them, but they cannot upload files to the public ones.
This is exactly what I wanted
But I need to allow some users to upload pictures to public albums as well. May you please tell me what can I do?
Thanks
Fernando

Esto lo puedes hacer del siguiente modo:

.- Como administrador creas un album publico y a este album (en sus propiedades) le seleccionas el casillero de "Visitantes pueden subir imagenes": SI

Logicamente los invitados no pueden subir nada, ya que esto lo debes tener puesto por defecto en los permisos generales de grupos. Y los visitantes solo pueden votar.

.- En las opciones generales de grupos, a su vez, pones a los usuarios registrados el casillero "Añadir ficheros a álbumes públicos": NO

De este modo, los usuarios registrados en general solo pueden crear albums personales y añadir ficheros en albums personales, ya que solamente le permites esto.

.- Ahora creas un grupo nuevo, por ejemplo Uploaders.

En los permisos generales para este grupo (Uploaders) lo configuras a tu gusto. En este caso, les permites subir imagenes en albums publico.
Aqui de algun modo, congifuras este grupo con las opciones a tu gusto.

.- Por ultimo, en la lista de Miembros y como Administrador seleccionas lo usuarios que desees y les editas: Cambiar membresia de Grupo Secundario a Uploaders.

De este modo, todos los usuarios puestos en el grupo Uploaders como grupo secundario, si tienen permitido subir archivos a los albumes publicos... Y unicamente pueden subir al Album publico que has permitido que los "Visitantes pueden subir archivos". Esto te permite a su vez que tu como administrador puedes seguir teniendo Albums publicos en tu galeria que solamente tu puedes acceder a ellos como administrador.

Bueno, es facil... pero si dificil de llegar a ello. Yo me encontraba en la misma situacion que tu. Finalmente lo he solucionado como aqui te explico.

Si tienes alguna duda, me lo dices e intento explicarme un poco mejor.  ;)

nambroque

• Galería Fotometeo
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2009, 04:31:05 pm »

.- En las opciones generales de grupos, a su vez, pones a los usuarios registrados el casillero "Añadir ficheros a álbumes públicos": NO

Gracias Niecher, pero el problema está en que si hago lo que pones en la cita, a los usuarios registrados el programa no les permitirá subir fotos a ningún álbum público, ni siquiera a los que creen en sus galerías personales
Yo lo que quisiera es que los usuarios normales puedan subir fotos a los álbumes de sus galerías personales (álbumes que son públicos, en el sentido de que los pueden ver todos los visitantes de la galería) pero no a los álbumes que yo cree como administrador. A esos álbumes quiero que sólo los usuarios que yo decida puedan subir archivos.
No sé si me entiendes
Gracias de nuevo y un saludo

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2009, 07:36:29 pm »

This is an english only part of the support board so please stick to that language here as per the board rules.

There are language specific sections of the forum should you wish to use them.

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/board,37.0.html

Please respect the board rules. If you continue in this manner you will no longer be welcome here.

Niecher

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2009, 09:11:38 pm »

Sorry Phill Luckhurst

Thanks for support.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 20 queries.