Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Coppermine Performance Question  (Read 8803 times)

acorupe

• Coppermine newbie
Coppermine Performance Question
« on: May 17, 2004, 09:48:19 pm »

Greetings,

I Luv Coppermine!  ;D.

As I build my Gallery, I had a performance related question. If I end up with 15,000-20,000 online pictures and I have keyword fields which contain from 4-10 keywords should I expect OK performance with searching?

Have you heard of this size Coppermine implementations or larger?

Regards,

Acorupe

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Coppermine Performance Question
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2004, 10:17:32 pm »

I don't know about the search perfermance specifically, but the largest coppermine install we are aware of is that run by Oasis, for a university student union, with;
6590 users, 205926 pictures in 10102 albums with 8167 comments

And it runs well, take a look, http://photo.enctu.org/
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

acorupe

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2004, 11:04:54 pm »

Thankyou Casper,

I appreciate all the work the entire team is doing with Coppermine.

What I see in the design of the database table is that if there are several keywords entered per pic, could a table scan occur, or are there alternate index schemes that others have used.

I created a simple PHP script which builds as many albums as specified to a SQL INSERT file wihich can be used to load the ALBUM table, this saves in my case creating 500-600 albums manually. If interested I would be glad to send it along.

My Category / Allbum structure is

YEAR1
     Jan
     Feb
     etc.
YEAR2
     Jan
     etc.

Regards,

Acorupe

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2004, 11:20:26 pm »

All user add ons, mods etc are most welcome.  Please just post the details/instructions etc here, and one of the devs will move it to the mods board if it checks out ok  ;)
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

vln004

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2004, 07:40:55 am »

oh my.. that much be a crazy amount of bandwidth they use... i think the size of their database is definately slowing down the performance if only a little.. it went quite slowly on my dsl..

Tarique Sani

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • http://tariquesani.net
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2004, 07:55:25 am »

Like I have said before I would really like to get stats on that server, and may be perhaps some code profiling - 200,000 puts CPG in real big boys club BUT I do anticipate some bottlenecks at that kind of load....
SANIsoft PHP applications for E Biz
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.