Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Closed]: Trouble with MySQL login  (Read 4807 times)

suicune141

• Coppermine newbie
[Closed]: Trouble with MySQL login
« on: October 19, 2009, 12:57:27 am »

I'm using Surge8.com to host my Coppermine gallery, and I have everything just about checked out in terms of installing Coppermine on it, but... I keep getting errors for MySQL.

I supposedly got a database through Surge8, but I'm not so sure if it even works.... Anyway, here's the error message I'm getting:

MySQL error was : Access denied for user 'suicune141_suicu'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

"Suicune141_suicu" got cut off from "suicune141_suicune141", which is the username Surge8 gave me for MySQL. My database name looks similar, with the prefix "suicune141_" and then the name I input.

Can anyone help me out here? I went to the MySQL site to attempt to get a database through there, but it's horribly confusing and for some reason the download server isn't working at the moment...
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 05:47:14 pm by Joachim Müller »

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: Trouble with MySQL login
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 01:11:51 am »

You don't get a database through the MySql site.

What you need to do is speak to your host who will be able to provide the correct details.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

zkiller

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009, 05:45:59 pm »

I just encountered the same problem. For me however it was cutting the password. I use the same use for several DB's as my site consists of 5 different scripts and have never had a problem. I resolved this by creating a second user just for Coppermine with a slightly shorter password and it works fine now.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2009, 05:47:01 pm »

...locking.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 19 queries.