Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: missing image  (Read 5463 times)

mrand

• Coppermine newbie
missing image
« on: January 22, 2006, 02:24:20 pm »

I've noticed lately that a few of my images are missing. Here's a link:

http://montyrand.com/copper/displayimage.php?album=48&pos=46

The thumbnail is fine, but when I clcik to get the bigger image, I get what's displayed on the link above. Any idea on how to fix this?

Thanks.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: missing image
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2006, 02:28:54 pm »

I get a 404 when trying to access the image http://montyrand.com/copper/albums/Sports/husson%20vs%20St.%20Joes%205326.JPG directly. Use your FTP client to verify that the files is actually there. Not sure if it will fix your issues, but you should uograde to the most recent stable cpg1.4.3, as your current version is cpg1.4.2

mrand

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2006, 04:42:25 pm »

OK, I upgraded and added some files that where missing. Weird that the files would disappear, but OK, I know how to fix that.

Next question is I have all my sports photos loaded up into 1 directory called sports. If I wanted to make additional directories from within that sports directory and add the photos to them how do I let Coppermine know where the images are to update the image path? I would like to sort my photos out by sport  -  so within sports I would have soccer, baseball and football folders and I would sort the files into the correct sports. Is this possible?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2006, 10:10:36 pm »

hm, your initial issue isn't solved, so I suggest you don't start asking other things (we have a "one issue per thread" policy anyway that you agreed to respect when signing up).
Did you fiddle with the files in your albums folder using your FTP app? Because this may be the reason for the "missing file" issue you originally posted about.

mrand

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2006, 03:50:11 am »

I don't mess with the images once they've been uploaded. I did upload the original files again and most seemed to be missing as I wasn't asked to replace them. The problem is I don't know which ones are missing until I try to view them.

M3

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2006, 12:12:10 am »

Hey, I'm having the same problem, I think it stems from the new underscore in the file name "upgrade". If you make file names with spaces in the past, Coppermine uploaded them fine. However, now it's a different story:

- old uploaded files look fine via thumbnails until you click to view full image, then you get a little empty box
- new uploaded files are somehow converted to underscores and thus the albums/pictures view fine

Try FTPing one file into an older album, and then go to "Batch Add". See if all your pictures are marked as "new" and to be uploaded?

I opened a thread for this earlier {http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=26700.msg123052#msg123052} and have been arguing with my host over upgrading/updating Fantastico since then. (I'm doing my upgrade manually now, but ran into an error.)

I don't think upgrading to a new version will help, unless there's some script that will change all your filenames to underscores and "fix" the links in the albums?

Also, if you go ahead and let the Batch Add "fix" the underscore problem by re-adding all your pictures, in every album and category in your gallery, you then have an entire duplicate set of thumbs and empty pictures to get rid of, which also resets all your view counts. Not anything major, but for me that's about 7,000 files in one gallery alone, not to mention my other gallery installs! :(

preciousbabe

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2009, 05:03:16 pm »

Hi Joachim Müller,

My Link is preciousbabe.org/Gallery i been having this problem recently that all my uploaded pictures can't since to seen as all the while i have been using the same way to uploaded my pictures for the past 5-6 months. Please advise. Thanks alot

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2009, 05:52:23 pm »

Don't hijack other's thread, but start a thread of your own, doing as suggested per board rules. Locking.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.