Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: recaptcha not showing up when you click on submit  (Read 8902 times)

pitzerwm

• Coppermine regular visitor
recaptcha not showing up when you click on submit
« on: October 09, 2009, 07:48:16 am »

My recaptcha apparently has quit working.  It was working just fine, but now when you click on submit nothing.  Where do I start looking, please.

www.autocareforum.biz/photogallery/

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: recaptcha not showing up when you click on submit
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2009, 08:00:17 am »

I guess you're refering to your registration screen and to the plugin reCAPTCHA - Anti Spam - Comments, Registration, ecards, Report and Login. Moving accordingly.

pitzerwm

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2009, 08:03:32 am »

Sorry, did a search but didn't find this same issue.  I only registered myself and it worked then, and for a few others, I just made it public, and yesterday, it apparently is "broke".  Any ideas?

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2009, 06:07:15 pm »

You need to be sure that you are running the latest release, Recaptcha for Coppermine Version 2.5.

This should be compatible with the Slider and Enlargeit plugins that I see you are also running.

The recaptcha v2.5 works well on my test gallery with Coppermine v1.4.25 - EnlargeIt! v2.15 - Slider v2.12, etc.

Other plugins might have a negative effect, you could try testing that yourself, please reply.

Your page head should have something like this:
Code: [Select]
-->
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://api.recaptcha.net/js/recaptcha_ajax.js"></script></head>
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 06:14:26 pm by i-imagine »

pitzerwm

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2009, 06:20:55 pm »

Thanks, but I thought that the 3.0 was the right one, and I only see 2.2 in the plugin downloads.  Where is the right one?

pitzerwm

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2009, 06:29:00 pm »

I added your line to my template and it works but I see that I what I actually have is 2.1.  I will install the 2.2 in a minute.

pitzerwm

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2009, 06:43:46 pm »

I found it, duh!!!

They might want to move it over to the plugin download page too.

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2009, 06:56:18 pm »

I'm glad to see that you have marked this as solved!

Agreed, but I have given up trying........

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2009, 11:09:45 pm »

"They" are just humans, with lives and families. It's a very big effort to keep the plugin contributions and the download repository in sync.

Agreed, but I have given up trying........
Don't get me wrong: we appreciate every type of contribution. But there have been many releases of the plugin in short succession, which made me lean back and wait untill the plugin has reached a mature stage. I already told you that the plugins on the download page only get updated once in a while for reasons of sheer workload. Those who want the cutting edge should review the announcement thread anyway. And plugin authors are strongly encouraged to provide a readme with their plugin that contains reference to the announcement thread: this way, you can easily close the gap. If you're ready to spend some work on the project: go ahead - there are many ways to contribute. This being said: the job as release technician is vacant...

@pitzerwm: imo you're using way too many plugins and extras, taking your skills into account.

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2009, 12:38:10 am »

Again, I was not trying to push any further (that is why there were no further requests).

I agree that it could be a burden to stay current with an evolving release. I had actually expected more trouble, leading to more needed upgrades/releases and probably will get it someday.

Although yes, I would like the fame, fortune, wine, women and song that you and the rest of the talented dev. team deservedly get, I was merely trying to share.

pitzerwm

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2009, 03:08:52 am »

@pitzerwm: imo you're using way too many plugins and extras, taking your skills into account

I'm glad that you think that I have any skills.  ;D   

I've become very successful doing things that I had no clue what I was doing.  I always think that I can figure it out before it kills me.  Most of the time I do.

I don't know how Coppermine is set up (from the bottom up) but I think that this software should be sold, not free.  I've paid more and got less many times.  I think that the people that offer their help and support here are more than great/dedicated.  I'm not sure that I could contribute much, but if nothing else, I am willing to volunteer my time, if nothing else, to "move stuff around" or verify stuff.

Thanks again for the help and a great piece of software.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.