Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Provide user an optimized image for printing  (Read 3704 times)

skunark

• Coppermine newbie
Provide user an optimized image for printing
« on: July 02, 2004, 07:47:23 pm »

It would be cool to provide the user with an optimized image for printing.   I believe 300 dpi is ideal for most photo printers that claim 4800x2400 resolution, but adjustments might be required based on the user's printer.

The advantages could be:
*Saving Network Bandwidth: A smaller file will be used to transfer the image over the Internet when compared to the full size original image.  i.e. Convert a 2048x3072@180 dpi image to a 4x6 1200x1800@@300 dpi would reduce the file size about 50% and provide a better image for the printer.
*Enhancing the User's experience: Multiple files could be created for an image for different print sizes i.e 4x6, 4x8, 6x8, 8x10 etc and all at 300dpi for enhancing the user's coppermine experience.   
*Enhancing the Print Quaility: Multiple photo magazines actually encourage you to change the resolution of the image to 300 dpi before sending it to the printe.  I assume the printer's (or the printer driver's) ability to render the image isn't as good as software found in PhotoShop or Gimp.
*Room for other options: Also could be a stepping stone to provide the owner of the image a standard method to apply a boarder, watermark and/or logo to the image.

---
Jim
« Last Edit: July 08, 2004, 09:18:50 am by skunark »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 20 queries.