Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Search not searching correct..  (Read 2006 times)

yuppicide

• Coppermine novice
Search not searching correct..
« on: October 07, 2009, 06:23:50 pm »

I've setup Coppermine 1.4.25 on my website. It's not yet available for public viewing as I'm not finished with everything.

I have two albums. One for each of our catalogs.

I have entered the Title, Keywords, and have created three additional fields.. Catalog, Page Number, and Season.

For Catalog you can search for either "pb" or "pc". For Page Number you enter the page number.

I'm testing things out and can't figure out my problem..

When conducting a search I check off "Catalog" and "Page Number". I want to search for "pc 2" so it will find everything out of the pc catalog that appears on page 2. That works fine.

When I try to search for "pb 2" it is not working. It does show the items from the pb catalog on page 2, but it's also showing every item that has a 2 in the item number! This is incorrect.

Any ideas what is wrong?

You can see my Coppermine here:

http://www.peppermint-bay.com/cat/

I've temporarily created a password because pictures are private: coconut

If you search for "pc 2" and check off catalog and page number boxes you should only see pictures for 5465-0914, and 5465-0912.

If you search for "pb 2" and check off those two boxes, you should only see 1451-0107, and 1451-0106.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Search not searching correct..
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 06:49:56 pm »

You can't have spaces in keywords, as the space is the delimiter between two keywords. The search itself doesn't take category names into account, so you'd have to assign the right keywords to all files that reside in a particular category. You appear not to have set up categories though, but albums (two of them as far as I can see). Can't tell you much more, as you require a password that I do not have (you failed to provide one).
What you're probably looking for is a way to search for album titles and description as well, that's why you should take a look at the plugin "Search Album Title & Description"

yuppicide

• Coppermine novice
Re: Search not searching correct..
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 07:43:45 pm »

I did provide a password:

I've temporarily created a password because pictures are private: coconut

.. but you saying delimiter solved my problem, thanks. I was using a , in there but that isn't supported until 1.5. I've since changed them to spaces and it works.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.