Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Turned Down]: Bulk assign to one album - URL uploaded files  (Read 4884 times)

kingspice

• Coppermine regular visitor
[Turned Down]: Bulk assign to one album - URL uploaded files
« on: October 09, 2009, 03:19:33 pm »

Hi,
I had a look at the plugins and searched here and couldn't find anything for current version of coppermine, that will let you bulk assign all the files you have uploaded via URLS to an album on one page. Instead you have to individually select the same album for each image on a seperate page which is quite time consuming.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 05:09:30 pm by Joachim Müller »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Bulk assign to one album - URL uploaded files
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2009, 05:09:18 pm »

Uploading by URL doesn't really exist, as the files will not remain where they are, but will be transfered to your webspace. Uploading by URI is a silly feature in the opinion of devs and will only encourage content and bandwidth thieves, that's why it'll be dropped in the future. So your request (if it was actually intended as a feature request, which I doubt) is turned down.

kingspice

• Coppermine regular visitor
Re: [Turned Down]: Bulk assign to one album - URL uploaded files
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2009, 05:17:59 pm »

I am referring to upload.php where you can upload files to your gallery from a specific URL

Once they are transferred to your webspace/gallery you have to inidividually assign each image to an album on a seperate. So my request was to be able to bulk assign them to an album.

As this feature doesn't exist, I'd probably say it was a feature request?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: [Turned Down]: Bulk assign to one album - URL uploaded files
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2009, 05:23:23 pm »

Look, I already tried to tell you that URI uploads suck and that this feature will be removed from future coppermine versions. The http uploads workflow for future versions will change as well, so your request simply doesn't apply anyway.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.