Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem adding new fields to register.php  (Read 3084 times)

Cam_Evenson

• Coppermine newbie
Problem adding new fields to register.php
« on: October 05, 2009, 10:33:04 pm »

I have been asked by a friend of mine to add 3 extra mandatory fields in the register.php file. I built the fields in SQL to support the change within cpg_user. I got the fields to view in the register form and can enter information. I confirmed that the data was being stored in the variables but when the form runs the SQL it fails. I checked the format of the Insert into value query and all my brackets and quotation marks match. Is there some other criteria I am missing that would be preventing this?

// the following query I am getting errors on.

$sql = "INSERT INTO {$CONFIG['TABLE_USERS']} (user_regdate, user_active, user_actkey, user_name, user_password, user_email, user_fname, user_address, user_phone, user_profile1, user_profile2, user_profile3, user_profile4, user_profile5, user_profile6) ".
          "VALUES (NOW(), '$active', '$act_key', '" . addslashes($user_name) . "', '" . addslashes($encpassword) . "', '" . addslashes($email) . "', '$name', '$address', '$phone', '$profile1', '$profile2', '$profile3', '$profile4', '$profile5', '$profile6') or die(mysql_error())";

// this query works

// $sql = "INSERT INTO {$CONFIG['TABLE_USERS']} (user_regdate, user_active, user_actkey, user_name, user_password, user_email, user_profile1, user_profile2, user_profile3, user_profile4, user_profile5, user_profile6) ".

//  "VALUES (NOW(), '$active', '$act_key', '" . addslashes($user_name) . "', '" . addslashes($encpassword) . "', '" . addslashes($email) . "', '$profile1', '$profile2', '$profile3', '$profile4', '$profile5', '$profile6')";

Nibbler

Re: Problem adding new fields to register.php
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2009, 10:36:54 pm »

What's the error message say?

Nibbler

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 10:38:45 pm »

Oh, you have the quotes in the wrong place.

Code: [Select]
   $sql = "INSERT INTO {$CONFIG['TABLE_USERS']} (user_regdate, user_active, user_actkey, user_name, user_password, user_email, user_fname, user_address, user_phone, user_profile1, user_profile2, user_profile3, user_profile4, user_profile5, user_profile6) ".
          "VALUES (NOW(), '$active', '$act_key', '" . addslashes($user_name) . "', '" . addslashes($encpassword) . "', '" . addslashes($email) . "', '$name', '$address', '$phone', '$profile1', '$profile2', '$profile3', '$profile4', '$profile5', '$profile6') or die(mysql_error())";

Should be

Code: [Select]
          "VALUES (NOW(), '$active', '$act_key', '" . addslashes($user_name) . "', '" . addslashes($encpassword) . "', '" . addslashes($email) . "', '$name', '$address', '$phone', '$profile1', '$profile2', '$profile3', '$profile4', '$profile5', '$profile6')";

Cam_Evenson

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2009, 11:11:34 pm »

All I get is it in terms of error is that it said that there is a critical error when processing the query. I put the changed SQL Query in but I still get the error.

This is the web page: http://www.strictlyphoto.net/gallery/register.php

Nibbler

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2009, 10:06:58 am »

Enable debug mode to get the actual error message.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.