Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CMS Intergration With Pre-Install  (Read 2483 times)

Blain

• Coppermine newbie
CMS Intergration With Pre-Install
« on: October 02, 2009, 06:50:11 pm »

Greetings,

I have Coppermine installed in the root (main html) of my site and thus, it is visible upon viewing the Main Page. My question is, is there a CMS out there that can be installed within the root and conform to fit this pre-install? I know dragonfly cms works well with coppermine, but if I were to install it in the root, would it overtake the gallery, or would all the coppermine files in my pre-existing install fall into their respective places within the dragonfly setup?

Hopefully this made sense enough for it to not only be of use to others, but to also garner an answer of sufficient worth.

--
Thank you,

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: CMS Intergration With Pre-Install
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 07:16:48 pm »

Dragonfly CMS and Coppermine Standalone (the application that this entire site is about) have as much in common as humans and apes: they share the same ancestors, that's all. They are incompatible. And furthermore: we don't know nor support Dragonfly, so the question doesn't apply.
If you plan to use Dragonfly, go to the Dragonfly web page and ask for support there.
The Coppermine version we provide support for can be bridged with Mambo, Joomla and Typo3 and there is even a visual integration as well as a bridging for Zikula (formerly known as postnuke). Additionally, there is a Coppermine port for PragmaMX and afaik for e107. The ports go unsupported here. As far as bridging is concerned, the pre-requisites can be found in the docs we provide. If the other stuff that is not "just" bridged has particular requirements is unknown to me, but I strongly doubt that you'd want to install a full CMS without having a clue how much work it is to set it up in the first place. You better describe what you actually want to accomplish. Posting a link to your gallery is mandatory as well as per board rules (you agreed to respect them when signing up), so you should do that first. There also is a MiniCMS plugin that might fit your needs as well.
In fact, this forum is full of postings that describe what others did to make coppermine fit their needs, and there is reference to many other apps that others have brought coppermine to interact with (like WordPress, phpBB, SMF only to name a few). You can't expect me (or anyone else) to come up with a posting here that shows you all possible options that exist to make coppermine and another application interact on a web page.
Your question is not related to initial install, so I moved it.

Blain

• Coppermine newbie
Re: CMS Intergration With Pre-Install
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009, 07:19:29 pm »

Excellent reply. Thank you. I will take some time to maul over it a bit and get back with the answers to your questions.

--
Many thanks,
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 20 queries.