Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pictures that are not put into an album  (Read 3619 times)

pitzerwm

• Coppermine regular visitor
Pictures that are not put into an album
« on: October 01, 2009, 01:18:11 am »

Just a question.  While testing and learning, I have uploaded a picture or two, and then didn't immediately place them in an album.  When you "go back" to place them in an album, I don't find them.  Do they just get "thrown away" or are they somewhere in the database?

Thanks.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Pictures that are not put into an album
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 07:33:14 am »

Do they just get "thrown away"
Yes. The garbage collection routine takes care of them and deletes them while they're in "Limbo" (a mysterious place where uploaded files go to after having been uploaded and before being processed and moved to the target location and being added to the database. This limbo even has got a name: the edit folder inside the albums folder.
Therefore, the pics are lost if you hit the browser's back-button. You have to re-upload them. There is no way for us as programmers to keep you from hitting the back-button, so we don't even try to keep you from doing that.
May I remind you of board rules?
8. Post links
When posting a support request, it's helpfull for supporters in most cases to see what the actual page looks like, that's why it's mandatory that you always post a link to your coppermine gallery page when asking for support. If your site contains adult content, make sure to post a warning together with your link!

pitzerwm

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 07:48:48 am »

Sorry Joachim, but I knew that they were "gone" I accepted that, I was just curious as to what happened to them. 

There was nothing to "look" at.  Actually, it wasn't that I just "hit the back button".  In my testing, I made a new user and forgot to make the album, before I uploaded the pictures.

You know that I usually add my website.  Speaking of that, I accepted your offer for a "touched up" template, if I cleaned up my mess.  I did, how are you doing on my "touch up" :o)

Thanks for the answer.

www.autocareforum.biz/photogallery/

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2009, 08:06:41 am »

but I knew that they were "gone" I accepted that, I was just curious as to what happened to them. 
Sure, that's OK. That's what I told you: they go into http://www.autocareforum.biz/photogallery/albums/edit/ temporarily untill the garbage collection routine deletes them for good. In fact it's a bit more complicted, as they initially go into a temporary upload folder defined in your PHP setup (usually outside your webroot, so you won't be able to access it anyway, and the actual path differs from webserver setup to webserver setup). From there, they go into said edit folder (as soon as PHP releases control over them and Coppermine is in control again). From there, they will be moved a last time if the second stage of the upload form is completed, i.e. if an album was assigned to the uploaded file. If something happens in between, the script stops in mid-air, in an undefined stage. That would result in the edit folder getting crowded with unneeded files. That's why we came up with the garbage collection routine that sweeps that folder.

I did, how are you doing on my "touch up" :o)
erm, what? I don't understand, please rephrase.

pitzerwm

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2009, 08:19:50 am »

erm, what? I don't understand, please rephrase.

Fix that page and I'll create you a custom coppermine theme based on your site design for free. Don't bother about cosmetical details (like missing double quotes around HTML attributes), but the serious flaws like improper nesting, missing closing tags etc. If your HTML output was valid it's a matter of some minutes to come up with a corresponding coppermine theme.

You are working too hard:o) 

Actually, I'm becoming pretty use to/attached to "rainy day"  Thanks for the offer, though. 

I've been reading through here for days, and I am amused but understanding at you "curtness".  Being the sole admin of a pretty busy Forum myself, I understand that it is like herding cats down a freeway, at least I get paid to do the herding:o)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2009, 10:05:42 am »

Correct quote would have been
Fix that page and I'll create you a custom coppermine theme based on your site design for free.
Anyway, you shouldn't have bumped that other thread from within this thread here. I'm replying there.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 20 queries.