Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Creating Albums in Public Category  (Read 5534 times)

pitzerwm

• Coppermine regular visitor
Creating Albums in Public Category
« on: September 30, 2009, 08:15:34 pm »

Ok, I thought that I had this down but something is wrong.  http://www.autocareforum.biz/photogallery/index.php

What I'm trying to do is have a public category for my Sponsors, that each of them would have an album where they can put pictures of their products in.  And no one else could post to their album, but everyone can view it.  I created the Category, Sponsors Galleries.  First I created the album for one of them.  Registered for them, and made a special group called sponsor1, and placed them in it.  Problem 1, when they log in and upload a picture, that album isn't available/visable to them.  So then they create an album, it's in Users Gallery.  That is the only place that they can add their pictures.  As admin I thought that I could move their album into the Sponsor category, I can't.  I thought that I could assign user group Sponsor1 to those/that album, apparently not.

In Update Album, in Album Category only User Gallery is available, if you click on Parent Category at the top it just takes you back.

What am I missing?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Nibbler

Re: Creating Albums in Public Category
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 08:21:58 pm »

Make sure you allowed uploading on the groups page and album properties.

Unrelated to themes, moving.

pitzerwm

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2009, 08:34:11 pm »

Hi Nibbler,

I just checked and all but Guest are allowed to upload to public galleries, with only the registered needing approval.

Sorry about the wrong area.

pitzerwm

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2009, 08:52:53 pm »

Does this have anything to do with it?

In Groups, you see a link "Assigned Albums" when you click on this it says "This group has no special access"

Seems to me that this is where you would tell what/why this group to upload/control an album.

I did look in the doc. but probably missed it.

pitzerwm

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2009, 09:31:31 pm »

Ok, after a bunch of searching I realized that didn't have "Visitors can upload" turned on. 

However, they can now post pictures in the other sponsor's album.  I do prevent just registered users from uploading to the public by requiring approval.  I'd like to avoid that for these.

Is there more "power" that I can use in the Group area/assignments to accomplish this?

pitzerwm

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2009, 04:48:22 am »

I'm marking this as solved.  I understand what is happening and can live with it.  I will start another thread about Groups.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.