Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Editing Breadcrumb - Removing "home"  (Read 3084 times)

DKP

• Coppermine newbie
Editing Breadcrumb - Removing "home"
« on: May 16, 2004, 04:28:50 am »

Hi, I'm trying to remove the "home" bit in the breadcrumb, as I want the different categories to be completely seperate, but I like the breadcrumb, I just want it only to go back to the top category.
I've spent the last couple of horus going through code and cannot find where this is done!
If someone would be able to point me in the right direction, that would be great!

E.G. What I want to show in the breadcrumb:

Category > SubCategory > Album

EDIT::::
Of course, 5 minutes after posting this I figure it out.
For those curious,
inculde/functions.inc.php

deleted the following two lines in the "breadcrumb" function
Code: [Select]
                $breadcrumb = '<a href=index.php>'.$lang_list_categories['home'].'</a>';
                $BREADCRUMB_TEXT = $lang_list_categories['home'];
The only problem is now there is a leading ">" and right now I'm too lazy to code that away.
Oh well!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2004, 01:13:31 pm by GauGau »

ddmf

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Editing Breadcrumb - Removing "home"
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2004, 11:41:22 am »

Nice hack, thanks... As for the leading ">" there's a couple of lines after that look like :

$link = "<a href=index.php?cat={$category[0]}>{$category[1]}</a>";
                        $breadcrumb .= ' > ' . $link;
simply change the second line to:

$breadcrumb.= $link;:)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2004, 01:13:55 pm by GauGau »

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2004, 11:52:01 am »

If you want your users of cat 'A', be be totally separate, and see differnt things completely than users of group 'B', why not just do 2 (or more) separate installs.  Then you will have even more control of the groups.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

DKP

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2004, 01:02:11 pm »

Thanks ddmf --
I should probably have seen that, but I was in a hurry to go, and thought it was inside a loop. Oh well! Thankyou!

Casper, I only have one installation mainly because I'm using the Netfirms installation (they set everything up for you), and they limit how many installations they'll do, but also because I'm plain lazy and would rather just have it work this way - the second albumn isn't permanent, I'm just using it because I need a gallery of sorts for another site I'm building, and I already have a netfirms account with spare space/bandwidth :D

ddmf

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2004, 02:37:18 pm »

Nae bother... It's actually something that kinda helps me too, as i'm wanting categories to be seperate entities within 1 site...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 19 queries.