Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Album list not showing  (Read 4644 times)

pitzerwm

• Coppermine regular visitor
Album list not showing
« on: September 28, 2009, 01:35:25 am »

I have spent hours reading the doc/search My site: http://www.autocareforum.biz/photogallery/

My setting for page view: breadcrumb/slider/catlist/alblist/lastup,2 my issue is that I don't see the album list.

One of the threads said to take the (from the sample theme)

// HTML template for the album list
$template_album_list

and add it to your theme, which I did. (BTW there is also a :

// HTML template for the album list
$template_album_list_cat)

which I also tried, which didn't change anything.

I have the (Show first level album thumbnails in categories      Yes     No) set to no.

What am I missing please?

pitzerwm

Re: Album list not showing
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 02:13:59 am »

This is the latest theme zip

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 10:36:09 am »

Can't replicate - the album list is showing just fine, e.g. http://www.autocareforum.biz/photogallery/index.php?cat=3 or http://www.autocareforum.biz/photogallery/index.php?cat=4
Maybe there is a misconception on your side what the album list actually is: it's just part of the index that shows the albums that are the content of a particular category.

pitzerwm

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2009, 11:21:22 am »

Well, it wouldn't be the first time that I was lost.  My confusion is that on Timos-welt's site, see attachment, you can see "Category" with "test" and below a list of albums.  and on the Coppermine demo site, you also see a list of "Categories" and below what appears to be an independent list of "Albums".

Om mine in the HOME view you have the list of "Categories" but not A;bum list.  If you go to ome of the categories you don't see "Vategories", but rather the label of that one category with "its" albums.

In my mind there is a difference here.

Thanks

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2009, 03:39:13 pm »

Timo's web page is heavily modified and not a default install. Timo is in fact the author of some nifty plugins that will generate additional views and that will in the end create a totally different look and feel as well as a different approach to the navigation.
Your initial question hasn't got much in common to what you ask now, so let's try to figure out first where you want to go from here. For that purpose I suggest you take a look at Timo's excellent plugins "Highslide", "EnlargeIt!", "Imageflow", "Slider". Determine which effect you want for your page (but keep in mind that some of Timo's eye candy plugins are actually ressource hogs). Play with the plugins. Keep in mind that they will interfere one with the other, so only test one plugin at a time.
In fact, please take a deep breath, then review the plugins page (link at the top right of this screen): there are some really cool plugins there.

If this is not what you're refering to, please clarify.

pitzerwm

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2009, 09:43:10 pm »

If you notice I do have Slider & Enlarge it. 

What I am taking about is what I see in both the Coppermine demo, Classic theme (see attachment) and in Timo's page. 

You can see the Category label with a list of the categories and below them the album list.  I know and see Timo's plugins, but I'm thinking that Coppermine, is just plain jane.

your earlier comment says that you will only see an album list if you pick a category, but the Coppermine demo seems to look and seem different.

Nibbler

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2009, 09:53:12 pm »

Those are albums that are not in a category. You don't have any albums that are not in a category.

pitzerwm

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2009, 10:11:02 pm »

Now we are making some progress?  I didn't realize that you could do that.  I like the look of those Album list, are there disadvantages to having them outside of a category?  It would appear that personal galleries have to be in "their" category, so these non-category albums would be albums that you/admin must create?

Thanks Nibbler
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 19 queries.