Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: For the web master here  (Read 3349 times)

JimR

• Coppermine newbie
For the web master here
« on: May 16, 2004, 01:28:02 am »

When a new person goes to your down load section, the first thing they are going to do is d/l the latest version. Just because it states "beta" doesnt mean we ( noobies ) wont use it. If you would place a remark like " Beta version for experienced users only " and next to 1.2 you remark ( Final version, for the novice ) it would solve a bunch of noobies ( Like Me ) from asking the first question of the "edit, upload.php" problem.
I only mention this because I seen some were getting aggravated at how many people d/l 1.3beta, and asking the same question ( as I did ). Luckly, I found the answer to my own question before someone had to explain the beta problem and how to solve that 1 issue.

I will stick it out with 1.3 for awhile, and hope I can get any bugs worked out without asking too many questions. Anyways, just a suggestion.

Thank for what looks like some great software, and thanx again for making it affordable!

JimR

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: For the web master here
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2004, 10:24:59 am »

I agree partly, in the future there will be only hidden downloads for development versions.
Anyway, you're suggested to read the documentation that comes with every bit of software you download before actually installing it (well, at least if you run into problems) before asking questions on a support board. Reading the docs and searching the support board first (before posting your question) is a way of saying "thanks" to the developers of a free piece of software, since it reduces the amount of time they have to spend on support (which again gives them more time to actually develop the software).

GauGau
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.