Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CM cant find Image Magick path?  (Read 3547 times)

JimR

• Coppermine newbie
CM cant find Image Magick path?
« on: May 15, 2004, 06:57:18 pm »

My host assures me he has Image Magick installed on the server I'm on. He states path is :
 /usr/bin/X11/mogrify

Or

/usr/X11R6/bin/mogrify

( Not sure why there would be 2 options of path )

I have tried both and both times I get the dreaded message:
The installer can not find the ' /usr/bin/X11/mogrify/' directory you have specified for ImageMagick or it does not have permission to access it. Check that your typing is correct and that you have access to the specified directory.

I have even tried /usr/bin/X11/ with no luck.
Any idea's?
I think he has "GD Libraries" installed ( from what I have read on our host's forum ). If I dont spec a path with CM, will it  look for GD?
Here is the forum topic I got the info from:
http://www.theprimehost.com/forums/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=240&sid=2e5fcc9d687b73d66e88d13a695c4ff2

Thanx for any help you can come up with
Jim

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
Re: CM cant find Image Magick path?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2004, 07:30:04 pm »

Create a new file, with your notepad.  Copy and paste into it the following;
Code: [Select]
<?php phpinfo(); ?>
Name this file 'info.php', save and upload into your root folder on the server.

Now use your browser to go to this file, and you should see all the php info.  Scroll down and lood for the GD module.
If it's there, you will see it and it will tell you what version (1x or 2x).

If it's there, just gointo config, and change your 'Method for resizing images' to GD, and away you go.

You could bypass all that, and just try setting it to GD in config.  Try GD1 first, if it works but the thumbs are terrible, set it to GD2.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

JimR

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2004, 08:45:32 pm »

Thanx, being a newbie, that info.php was interesting. It showed that GD was ver 2.x

One more question. Upon install, I get this message:

Your server supports the following image package(s): GD Library version 1.x (gd1), GD Library version 2.x (gd2), the installer selected 'gd2'.

Important : the GD graphic library supports only JPEG and PNG images. The script will not be able to create thumbnails for GIF images. If you want the script to create thumbnails for GIF images, you need to use ImageMagick.

But the info.php showed GD .GIF read support. Will I have thumbnails or not?

Jim

« Last Edit: May 15, 2004, 08:51:11 pm by JimR »

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2004, 08:51:12 pm »

The GD info usually supports GIF 'READ ONLY'.  This is due to copyright issues (that will be resolved later this year).
Imagemagic can deal with gifs, but they will create thumbs and intermediate pics with bigger file sizes than the original, due to the same copyright issues.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

JimR

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2004, 08:52:53 pm »

The GD info usually supports GIF 'READ ONLY'.  This is due to copyright issues (that will be resolved later this year).
Imagemagic can deal with gifs, but they will create thumbs and intermediate pics with bigger file sizes than the original, due to the same copyright issues.

Ahh, gotcha...

Thanx.

Jim

hyperion

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • - retired -
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2004, 11:10:24 pm »

Also, sometimes CPG is unable to detect IM due to the way the server is configured.  You are encouraged to set the IM path and method in the Config console after the install is complete to see if you can get IM functionality.
&quot;Then, Fletch,&quot; that bright creature said to him, and the voice was very kind, &quot;let&#039;s begin with level flight . . . .&quot;

-Richard Bach, Jonathan Livingston Seagull

(http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/buttons/getfirefox_small.png)

JimR

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2004, 11:19:16 pm »

Also, sometimes CPG is unable to detect IM due to the way the server is configured.  You are encouraged to set the IM path and method in the Config console after the install is complete to see if you can get IM functionality.

Ok, I set the path in the config. I received no error's, does that mean it was able to access the path and its now abled?

hyperion

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • - retired -
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2004, 04:51:39 am »

You must set the path and change the 'Thumbnail Method' to IM.  Then you should try to upload.  If it fails, it will let you know.
&quot;Then, Fletch,&quot; that bright creature said to him, and the voice was very kind, &quot;let&#039;s begin with level flight . . . .&quot;

-Richard Bach, Jonathan Livingston Seagull

(http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/buttons/getfirefox_small.png)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 18 queries.