Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I change the album list layout to suit my needs?  (Read 2966 times)

takatam

• Coppermine newbie
How do I change the album list layout to suit my needs?
« on: September 24, 2009, 11:14:03 pm »

Hi all,

I was unable to find anything in the documentation nor the board to solve my problem. If I missed anything, please point it out to me. Also, if this is not the right place to post about this, please tell me.

When looking at a category it will show all the contained albums, as configured in the respective admin section (pixels, columns, etc). However, I find that the information provided about each album is uninteresting. I would like to modify my theme such that an album list will still contain all albums in the specified configuration, but I would like to have the linked album title next to the thumbnail, instead of the file information such as '14 files, last one added on Mar 16, 2008'. See attached jpg as example. Of course the mod would need to be such that it will stay across any theme I use (if possible).

Which file would I need to edit for this? And which file would I need to edit if I also want to do this for the category list if I have 'Album list view -> Show first level album thumbnails in categories' enabled? Or is this bad idea altogether (although I don't see why it should be)?

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers,
T

PS: I'm using cpg 1.4.25 with the fruity theme.
I wanted to post this to the unsupported Visuals board but I don't seem to have the necessary rights to post anything there.

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page
Re: How do I change the album list layout to suit my needs?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2009, 12:47:51 am »

You have posted in the right place, but please read and follow "Posting rules" (the link you see at the top of the posting page). Remember to post a link to your gallery next time.

In this board ( cpg1.4 themes/skins/templates) and in the Coppermine manual you will find further details about what you are trying to do. Use those resources.

In your themes/sample/theme.php find this:

Code: [Select]
// HTML template for the album list
Copy and paste that whole section into your custom theme. Then modify it to suit your wishes.

takatam

• Coppermine newbie
Re: How do I change the album list layout to suit my needs?
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2009, 02:28:28 pm »

Hi imagine,

I've read the rules but as this is rather independent of my site I thought it was more useful to show an example of the target rather than my site with the default theme. But I'll link it next time.

Thanks for pointing out which section of the theme.php I need to edit. I'd gone through most of it but hadn't found it.

Cheers,
T
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.