Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Batch-add failure without error message (on T-Home server)  (Read 4053 times)

cohilj

• Coppermine newbie
Batch-add failure without error message (on T-Home server)
« on: September 23, 2009, 11:28:00 pm »

Hi,

the batch-add feature won't work on our server. After starting the batch-add process, I get redirected to the previous menu (where one has to choose the folder). No error message is shown.

Best regards,
Rudolf

VERSION INFO :
------------------
PHP version: 4.4.9 - OK
------------------
mySQL version: 5.0.32-CM4all-PRO-4-log
------------------
Coppermine version: 1.4.16(stable)
==========================
Module: GD
------------------
GD Version: bundled (2.0.28 compatible)
FreeType Support: 1
FreeType Linkage: with freetype
T1Lib Support:
GIF Read Support: 1
GIF Create Support: 1
JPG Support: 1
PNG Support: 1
WBMP Support: 1
XBM Support: 1
JIS-mapped Japanese Font Support:

cohilj

• Coppermine newbie
Workaround
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 11:35:44 pm »

It seems the picture folder where I uploaded the images contained to much files (144). After creating another folder and adding only a couple files - it worked.
Not a real solution but a workaround. Is there a limit I was unaware of?

Best regards,
R.

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page
Re: Batch-add failure without error message (on T-Home server)
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 11:59:35 pm »

------------------
Coppermine version: 1.4.16(stable)
==========================

Was released 2008-02-02 !!!

Upgrade - today!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Workaround
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2009, 08:42:26 am »

It seems the picture folder where I uploaded the images contained to much files (144). After creating another folder and adding only a couple files - it worked.
Not a real solution but a workaround. Is there a limit I was unaware of?
Limitations that apply in this case are server-sided, not coppermine sided. That's why we don't mention them in our docs: we don't know your server. The PHP system of your webserver and the underlying operating system need time to list all available files within a particular folder and return them to the function that demands that piece of information. If there are too many of them, that inventory of the folder will run into a timeout. Since the timeout thresaholds are a webserver setting, there is no fixed limit. A lot of factors has got an impact on that. If this happens for such a small number (144), then we can say that your webserver isn't very powerfull; you probably have got the free webspace that comes as a bonus with the other services provided by T-Home (note to non-Germans: T-Home is the major, formerly state-owned telecommunications giant providing telephony services and internet services to home users). You can hardly call that a webserver imo... ;). There's a reason why I pay an actual webhost for providing webspace to me although I could have some free webspace provided by T-Home.

You did quite the opposite of what you're suppossed to do when you asked for support. If you need support in the future, please do exactly as suggested in the docs, section "asking for support on upload issues". Keep in mind as well that even if you don't have upload issues, but any other support request it's mandatory to post a link to your gallery in each of your support threads. It might be a good idea to read the board rules now. We appreciate that you resolved your thread though, thanks for that. Resolving with a question is not a good idea though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 19 queries.