Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: Help with Avalon Theme  (Read 4981 times)

sbradshaw

• Coppermine newbie
[Solved]: Help with Avalon Theme
« on: September 23, 2009, 07:09:28 am »

Hi,

I have set up a forum (phpBB) and gallery (coppermine 1.4).
http://www.backyardbuddies.net.au/forum/
http://www.backyardbuddies.net.au/gallery/

It is great to have these applications available and the themes to use. I have used the Avalon theme for the gallery and was hoping someone might be able to assist me. I would like the "File information" to be invisible on the display image page until the information icon is pressed however when I set this in the configuration it ignores my request and the information icon javascript does not seem to be working.

The other small alteration I would like, if possible, is to have the album thumbnails appear in 4 columns instead of 2. When I set this in the configuration it defaults back to 2 each time. Any help anyone could offer would be greatly appreciated. These are the final amends I would like to make before launching this online community.

Many thanks in advance.
Susanna
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 08:27:37 am by Joachim Müller »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Help with Avalon Theme
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 08:56:54 am »

I can confirm the issue with the file information button not behaving as expected for the avalon theme - happens just as well on our demo page (http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/index.php?theme=avalon). However I can not replicate your issue: for me, you have for thumbnail columns on your page (see http://www.backyardbuddies.net.au/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=lastup&cat=0). Of course you'll only see four columns if at least for images reside in an album: if you look at the thumbnail view of an album that only contains 2 pics, only those two pics will show and subsequently you'll only see two columns.
If you actually want to accomplish something else (four columns for the albums on the category list of the index page, then you're looking at the wrong config option: such a view needs to go into your custom theme - there is no config option for that. Try the multi-column hack mentioned in http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=15400.msg107765#msg107765 and apply that for cpg1.4.x (as the original hack was written for cpg1.3.x).

Zip your custom theme folder and attach the zip file to your posting please.

sbradshaw

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 01:25:33 am »

Thanks you for such a quick response.  :)

Is there any way to fix the file information bug that you know of? If not - it is no big deal.

You are correct, I didn't explain myself properly. I meant the thumbnail view of the albums so I will give the hack a go.
Thank you for your time. I have attached the theme folder.

sbradshaw

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2009, 02:13:57 am »

Hi,

Sorry I am not sure if I have explained the result I am after clearly.
This page http://www.backyardbuddies.net.au/gallery/index.php?cat=2 shows four albums. I would really like them all in one row (4 columns).

In the configuration under "Album list view" there is the option "Number of columns for the album list" which is defaulted as 2. When I try to change this it does not save the update. Is this what I need to change for a 4 column display or is what I am looking for not in the config?

Many thanks again.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2009, 08:12:46 am »

In the configuration under "Album list view" there is the option "Number of columns for the album list" which is defaulted as 2. When I try to change this it does not save the update. Is this what I need to change for a 4 column display or is what I am looking for not in the config?
That's not surprising, as that particular theme overrides the config setting by hardcoding the corresponding setting into the code. To undo that, edit themes/avalon/theme.php, find
Code: [Select]
$CONFIG['album_list_cols'] = 2; // sets "Number of columns for the album list = 2"and comment out by putting two slashes in front of that line, so that it looks like this:
// $CONFIG['album_list_cols'] = 2; // sets "Number of columns for the album list = 2"Alternatively, hard-code the number of columns to 4 like this:
$CONFIG['album_list_cols'] = 4; However, you might run into issues with such a narrow fixed-width theme and four columns instead of just two of them: I'm sure that the author of the theme port has overridden that value on purpose. This depends to a great extent to the width you assign for album thumbnails; make sure that this is set to a small value.

The missing file information block is actuall a feature: the theme author appears to deliberately have changed that feature, because he changed
   $picinfo = isset($_COOKIE['picinfo']) ? $_COOKIE['picinfo'] : ($CONFIG['display_pic_info'] ? 'block' : 'none');
    echo "<div id=\"picinfo\" style=\"display: $picinfo;\">\n";
    starttable();
    echo $pic_info;
    endtable();
    echo "</div>\n";
to
   $picinfo = isset($HTTP_COOKIE_VARS['picinfo']) ? $HTTP_COOKIE_VARS['picinfo'] : ($CONFIG['display_pic_info'] ? 'block' : 'none');

starttable();

echo $pic_info;

endtable();
, so he removed the wrapper that creates the toggle. Put that line back if you want to file info section to be toggled. Alternatively, remove the nav bar and get rid of the file info button that does nothing, making the file info section expanded permanently.

There have been some mistakes inside the file theme.php (that may reside in the original avalon theme as well; I haven't checked so far), which I edited out in the attached copy; just download the attachment and then rename your local copy back from theme.php.txt to theme.php. Finally, overwrite your copy of theme.php with the one I attached (keep a backup of your version just to make sure that I haven't introduced new issues). In the theme file I attached I have restored the file information toggle as it used to be.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 08:22:51 am by Joachim Müller »

sbradshaw

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2009, 08:23:44 am »

Can't thank you enough...for helping so quickly, actually doing the fix for me and letting me know how it was done.
Launching my gallery in the 1st of October and looking forward to seeing how it goes.
Thanks again.
Susanna

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2009, 08:27:20 am »

I have edited my reply while you were typing yours, so you missed some lines. Additionally, I swapped the attachment. Please re-download the attachment I posted.

sbradshaw

• Coppermine newbie
Re: [Solved]: Help with Avalon Theme
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2009, 08:31:21 am »

Sure thing, thank you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.