Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cannot set a password to everybody for an album!!!  (Read 3279 times)

feiber

• Coppermine newbie
Cannot set a password to everybody for an album!!!
« on: September 21, 2009, 01:58:23 pm »

Cannot set a password for an album!!!
I am not allowing user registration,all albums are viewable.Now I want to specify an album to be password-protected,but when I set the album' password,  the permission dropdown field "Album can be viewed by" is switched automatically to "me only",  OK, it means nothing to me!!  My prupose for the setup password is: when someone visit my album,he is requested to input password. If switched automatically to "me only", visitors can't see my album at all, I need not them to input a password!

so when I set a password, I need the the permission dropdown field "Album can be viewed by" can be set to "everybody", can I do ?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Cannot set a password to everybody for an album!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 06:46:52 pm »

Cannot set a password for an album!!!
I am not allowing user registration,all albums are viewable.Now I want to specify an album to be password-protected,but when I set the album' password,  the permission dropdown field "Album can be viewed by" is switched automatically to "me only", 
Why don't you read the documentation for a start? From that section:
Note: when setting an album password, the permission dropdown field "Album can be viewed by" will be switched automatically to "me only" - this is expected behaviour. If you change the "Album can be viewed by" to another selection, you must disable the album password as well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 20 queries.