Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: Coppermine Credit  (Read 19316 times)

gh0stmichael

• Coppermine newbie
[Solved]: Coppermine Credit
« on: September 21, 2009, 07:21:02 pm »

Hello Gaugau and other admins,

I would to ask permission, to have the coppermine banner or credits moved into my /about page or about us. I will be giving all credits to what the site is made of, starting from clipshare,nuevolab,coppermine,servint, and etc... Please don't get mad if I removed the powered by coppermine in the footer, I just want to give all credits in one page. Trust me I have no intention of stealing your work, I appreciate and loves coppermine, and I hope it will continue developing. I understand that the abous us or /about is not done yet, I will be creating them including the help, TOS, PRIVACY within this week. If you still don't agree, with what I am asking, I will put back the small footer text, but please understand that the site is practically new and is still in the stage of development.

Thank you!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 09:40:45 pm by Joachim Müller »

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: Coppermine Credit
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 08:56:22 pm »

The requirement for the text in the footer was from the original developer of coppermine, Grégory DEMAR. Although he is no longer active on the project we have to respect his wishes with the current version, 1.4. So the simple answer is no, you cannot remove the footer. It is part of the licence you agree to respecting when you downloaded and installed coppermine.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

gh0stmichael

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Coppermine Credit
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2009, 09:04:44 pm »

The requirement for the text in the footer was from the original developer of coppermine, Grégory DEMAR. Although he is no longer active on the project we have to respect his wishes with the current version, 1.4. So the simple answer is no, you cannot remove the footer. It is part of the licence you agree to respecting when you downloaded and installed coppermine.

Okay I understand... Thanks for the reply! I have no issue with the small text in the footer. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.