Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Have thumbnails, but no full size photo  (Read 6395 times)

pbascomb

• Coppermine newbie
    • CPG Web Gallery
Have thumbnails, but no full size photo
« on: September 20, 2009, 10:10:00 am »

G'day

I upgraded to 1.4.25 last week and since then I've not been able to successfully upload photos.

I export from lightroom, upload using CuteFTP, batch add as I've always done (I've been using CPG 1.4.19 since last December).

Everything seems ok - the thumbnail view is fine, but when I click on a photo it looks as if it is going to display, but I end up with a little white square. Sample public album is

http://bascomb.info/cpg1419/thumbnails.php?album=28

I've tried changing permissions. I've re-exported, uploaded etc all to no avail.

TIA

Peter

__
Regards

Peter

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page
Re: Have thumbnails, but no full size photo
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2009, 12:17:53 pm »

Nice - album/gallery needs password. You have not supplied one.......

But in any case, if your images ae being resized to 1px, then your gallery might very well have been hacked.

See: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,51927.0.html   Make certain you follow all of the steps.

Open the gallery or post a password, someone might be able to take a look.

If this is indeed a request for upload assistance then:
Start here:
4.11.4 Upload troubleshooting

Continue here if needed:
4.11.5 Asking for support on upload issues

Make certain you follow all of the steps.

pbascomb

• Coppermine newbie
    • CPG Web Gallery
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2009, 12:53:38 pm »

Nice - album/gallery needs password. You have not supplied one.......

But in any case, if your images ae being resized to 1px, then your gallery might very well have been hacked.

See: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,51927.0.html   Make certain you follow all of the steps.

Open the gallery or post a password, someone might be able to take a look.

Start here:

Continue here if needed:

oops - sorry - Username and password both Guest - note the capital G.

while I'm moving toward having a public gallery like yours, I'm not yet confident enough of my photography yet so the site is generally restricted to friends and family.

I wasn't sure what category to put it in ... the files have successfully uploaded, the batch add seems to work, the album is fully populated with thumbnails, the correct info is stored against each photo. What I found in my research was to do with actual problems loading and adding, typically reporting an error message. There was one post that seem to be directly on topic but was marked solved but no solution was actually posted.

__
Regards

Peter

pbascomb

• Coppermine newbie
    • CPG Web Gallery
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2009, 01:33:33 pm »

Start here:

Continue here if needed:

thanks - looked at the steps in 4.11.4 and 4.11.5. When I did the HTML upload of a single file it worked fine - the full size image is in the gallery. I did not receive any error message.

Having tried that I tried another batch add - again all seemed fine, but there is no full sized image.
__
Regards

Peter

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2009, 05:53:58 pm »

I can only guess from here but it seems there is some kind of restriction or redirect going on with your site......

When I tried the direct url for one of your uploads it redirected me to your "out of Coppermine" home page.
h t t p : / /bascomb.info/cpg1419/albums/ftpuploads/TimsGrandFinal2/GrandFinal-8656.jpg

Do you have any extra .htaccess files or redirects? Are you certain your gallery has not been compromised?

pbascomb

• Coppermine newbie
    • CPG Web Gallery
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2009, 11:38:07 pm »

I can only guess from here but it seems there is some kind of restriction or redirect going on with your site......

When I tried the direct url for one of your uploads it redirected me to your "out of Coppermine" home page.
h t t p : / /bascomb.info/cpg1419/albums/ftpuploads/TimsGrandFinal2/GrandFinal-8656.jpg

Do you have any extra .htaccess files or redirects? Are you certain your gallery has not been compromised?
Joe

Thanks for taking the time to have a look.

No I'm not certain that it hasn't been compromised. I am suspicious though because there were three attempts to register from unknown mail addresses shortly after I upgraded. I have email confirmation required, so I deleted them from my user list and inbox.

The intermediate file size has not been reset in config, which was one possibility in the "Yikes" post.

I'm currently going through the backup/compare process from the "Yikes" post. The download of my site has just finished, but I have to get to work so I'll finish the comparison tonight (Australian time).

I do have a backup from immediately before the upgrade from 1.4.19 to 1.4.25 so if all else fails I'll go back to that.

Again thanks for your help.

__
Regards

Peter

pbascomb

• Coppermine newbie
    • CPG Web Gallery
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2009, 09:51:32 am »

Yes - that is most odd how it redirects to my "home" website. I've made a 'working' album available as well, where it doesn't happen.

What I don't understand is that when you look at the file directly (say through cpanel file manager) it views as the correct jpeg.
__
Regards

Peter

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2009, 11:36:42 am »

make sure that permissions are set correctly for what you have in mind... seems like apache/ ie. web users  don't have the right to access the pics. Compare with working pics and set permissions accordingly.   

pbascomb

• Coppermine newbie
    • CPG Web Gallery
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2009, 01:16:30 am »

make sure that permissions are set correctly for what you have in mind... seems like apache/ ie. web users  don't have the right to access the pics. Compare with working pics and set permissions accordingly.   

Thanks for your help.

I followed the "hack" post and couldn't find any file differences so it would seem that the site wasn't compromised. SO I decided to return to the backup and in so soing found that the directory 'bridge' did not have write access. I provided write access, continued with the restore and as of now all is working.

So no I cannot explain what has happened but for the time being I will have to consider the matter solved!
__
Regards

Peter
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 19 queries.