Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pics magically appear in wrong area...  (Read 6236 times)

ShiversOfHorror

• Coppermine regular visitor
Pics magically appear in wrong area...
« on: September 14, 2009, 07:28:19 am »

I have 1.4.24 (stable) version, I've not had any issues with it. Users cannot upload, and there is no login required. Its not bridged either.

Today I was adding photos to one of my galleries and noticed something odd. I go to a specific category *Collectibles* then I go to *Magazines* and inside there are 2 pages of photos. It lists that there are 48 photos. Over 30 of them should not be in this category. They appeared when I uploaded a few new photos to this area. But, they were not in the batch add area when I added the images.

So, I go to the admin area for that category, and choose *Edit files* so I can check and see why those photos are in there and move them to where they belong...only they aren't in there. If I click on the photos in the gallery, it says at the top that its in a completely different category and album. It also states that I uploaded them over a year ago...I haven't had the gallery for a year.

If I look in my FTP of that area, they are not in there. They are photos that belong in another area, but I don't understand why all of the sudden they are appearing here.

http://www.campblood.net/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=35
The first 3 rows belong there...the next row does not. In the forth row there the first three images are the ones I uploaded this afternoon. The rest do not belong in this category. If you click on one of those photos you can see at the top it lists a completely different album.

Can anyone help?

ShiversOfHorror

Re: Pics magically appear in wrong area...
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 07:40:41 am »

I just noticed that these photos do not appear when I'm logged out. Only when I'm logged in as admin.

I also notice that each album has a password, and a keyword of my username...I never set this up. I tried to delete both, but when I went back into the albums properties the username and password were back in place. This is how its set up for every album....

ShiversOfHorror

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 07:42:37 am »

Even weirder....now that I'm logged back in as admin, those extra images are no longer there.

Any ideas on why this is happening?

onthepike

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 08:53:23 am »

A shot in the dark here; I didn't notice anything unusual -- the album name remains constant, though you indicate it changes. Do you think this could be a browser cache issue? Have you taken a look with a different browser? Tried to purge your cache then returned? I'd try those two things first, just to be sure something trivial isn't the issue.

lurkalot

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
  • +Tinyportal Support team.
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2009, 09:24:47 am »

Another shot in the dark.

Have you given any of the albums a Keyword?  Because any pics uploaded to a particular album, will also show in other albums if they share the same Keywords.  Or at least that's how  read it below.

Quote from the docs

"In 1.4.x the Album Keyword is no longer being used for searching purposes, but, rather, to link images from other album into another. Using this method, files/images can be displayed in various albums while the file itself need only exists in one album on your webserver. You simply upload a file to one album as you would normally do, then assign one or more keywords to the file. The keyword function reads blank spaces between words as a 'break' and assumes that these words are separate words. If you must use phrases for your keywords, connect them with an underscore or by using the ascii space holder ctrl+Alt+0160 (NOTE: the latter option only works with latin based character sets.) Each album can only have ONE (1) keyword or keyword phrase. All pictures residing in different albums that you would like to be displayed in this album must have the same keyword or keyword phrase in their respective keyword fields. Pictures, unlike albums can have multiple keywords or keyword phrases separated by spaces. This provides you with the option to display pictures in many albums. For the visitor of these albums, it will appear as if the file/image had been uploaded to each. "
Running SMF 2.1.4  / Tinyportal 3.0.0, bridged with Coppermine 1.6.25, plus cpmfetch 2.0.0

ShiversOfHorror

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2009, 02:19:26 am »

Yeah, I looked into the Keyword thing...every album has one...its my username...but I never gave it that.

I haven't been able to get the problem to happen again. It was really really strange.

Fabricio Ferrero

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From San Juan, Argentina, to the World!
    • http://fabricioferrero.com/
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2009, 03:47:45 am »

The feature of auto filling forms is activated. Everytime you had clicked on an album's properties the browser filled that field.
Read Docs and Search the Forum before posting. - Soporte en español
--*--
Fabricio Ferrero's Website

Catching up! :)

ShiversOfHorror

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2009, 07:39:32 pm »

Well, its doing it again

In this case, I made a new album, and uploaded photos. I edited the files, went in and looked at the album, and there are about 2 pages worth of stuff that isn't supposed to be there.

I again checked to make sure I didn't upload wrong stuff, and I didn't. They don't appear as even being in that album. If I click on any of the photos that don't belong, it takes me to the photo in its original album.

I cleaned all my history, cache, everything. Did hard refreshes...logged out of being admin, logged back in, the photos are still there. The last time this happened eventually the images were gone. But, this is unacceptable. It just doesn't make sense to me...I have noticed that its the same files as before.

As I said before, yes the albums have a keyword of my username. That's all. I give the photos keywords so users can search but that's all.

Any ideas? I really don't want to redo the entire gallery as I don't remember half the edits I did to get the template the way I like it.

ShiversOfHorror

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2009, 07:49:58 pm »

http://www.campblood.net/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=59

Don't know if they will still be messed up by the time someone looks...but the first row isn't supposed to be there...and there are a couple pages at the end that aren't supposed to be there.

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2009, 08:26:53 pm »

Please read the keywords section in the docs again. You gave that album with the ID 59 the album keyword 'Kat'. Now all images with a keyword beginning with 'Kat' get linked to the album with the ID 59. The first row of pics you say that shouldn't be there all have keywords assigned begining with 'Kat' (eg. Kathleen, Katims, Katherine).

You do not need to assign your username as keyword. Users can search for your username nevertheless (search - tick 'owner' - type the username and 'search' - done)

ShiversOfHorror

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2009, 09:27:24 pm »

those pics don't have keywords of "kat" I've checked.

All albums have keywords of Kat though...which I didn't set, and I cannot erase, I've tried.

ShiversOfHorror

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2009, 09:28:41 pm »

ahhhh...I see the issue...some of the actors names in the photos have 'kat' within the spellin of their names.

How to I erase the album keywords then? I've tried to remove them and they just reappear.

ShiversOfHorror

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2009, 09:30:46 pm »

Ok, it let me erase the keyword...its just odd because I tried many times to erase it and it would just reappear there.

Thanks for helping me with this. I never thought to look at the actors names in the photos

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2009, 11:05:47 am »

Ok, it let me erase the keyword...its just odd because I tried many times to erase it and it would just reappear there.
That's a feature in your browser. Turn it off there. We can't teach you how to use your browser.

ShiversOfHorror

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2009, 06:18:03 pm »

That's a feature in your browser. Turn it off there. We can't teach you how to use your browser.

No, I don't have it set to auto fill.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 20 queries.