Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: adding a link to user uploads in sysmenu  (Read 4507 times)

johnnystorm

• Coppermine newbie
adding a link to user uploads in sysmenu
« on: September 07, 2009, 11:38:17 pm »

I ran into a user interface issue and need some help because it is pretty difficult for me to follow all the code in coppermine.

I am not using user galleries

Instead I would like a link in the sysmenu to myuploads...

thats really all... it should siplay the logged in users uploads when they click the link starting with the most recent.

Thanks for any ideas to help me with this.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: adding a link to user uploads in sysmenu
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2009, 03:21:04 pm »

Coppermine comes with a custom link feature that you can set up using the config. Adding more than one link to the menu can be accomplished as well, just edit your custom theme accordingly (a lot of forum postings explain that already).

For a start, you should do as suggested by board rules (you agreed to respect them when signing up) and post a link to your gallery. Post as well where the new menu item should link to (post the actual URL) and how it should be labelled.

johnnystorm

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2009, 08:47:38 am »

thanks for the help but this needs to be a dynamic link. not a static link to a particular page. if user x signs in he it should display user x's uploads and if user y logs in it should show user y's uploads can this be accomplished using the method you mentioned. I did search every where on the forum I actually spent the better part of a day looking on google and searching through any mention of user and uploads hoping someone had done something similar I could modify. As of yet I found no mention of such things including viewing your own comments...

In the stram mod it shows user comments and uploads on the person profile. Might do it in the default mode but I am not sure since I am not running that. I am just wondering why there is not more of a user menu then what is there. The framework can handle so much and it is awesome in how it deals with high traffic and a large number of files it also shows the users galleries by default but what if you are not using user galleries... from a UI standpoint then the user galleries link should be replaced with something like my uploads, my images or whatever.

I will look at what you suggested about the custom link section in the admin area... thank you.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2009, 06:33:07 pm »

Any particular reason for not doing as I suggested?
post a link to your gallery
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.