Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Simple external mysql db authentication and a migration question (from emAlbum)  (Read 1835 times)

darrenkemp

• Coppermine newbie

I am considering migrating an existing emAlbum structure using a custom mysql db authentication to a coppermine album.

Has anyone done a simple bridge to verify a users credentials (taken from session data) versus a homebrewed basic mysql authentication system? What is the feasibility of this and any suggestions on where to look/start? Users are not going to be uploading, they just need to be authenticated before they reach the gallery and have those credentials allow them to be automatically logged into the gallery.

Along with integrating with the authentication I will need to migrate several 100 pictures and descriptions that are in a flat file format into the coppermine structure. I'm presuming based on the differences that this will likely have to be done manually image by image but if anyone attempted a similar migration  i'd love to hear your experience.

Thanks!

Darren
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.