Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: Using CM a bit differently  (Read 3260 times)

SpectroPro

• Coppermine newbie
    • Bluestream Airlines - Virtual
[Solved]: Using CM a bit differently
« on: September 05, 2009, 09:52:56 am »

I have no clue where this should be posted, so I will try here as if it can't be done already, I would like to ask that it be added.

Coppermine is such a powerful system, that I have decided to use it for something a bit different.  The best file repository available.

It is perfect for what I want...with one exception.  Here is what I am wanting to do:

I am using this for Scenery design objects.  Objects that are used in games, 3d movies, etc..  I want people to come on, search the categories, then albums for the items they want to use in their project.  OR, if they design the objects, they have a place to put them for others to use.

While this is possible now with CM as is, I would like to be able to have them upload the file, and then pictures of the object as well.  So, say they have 1 object to upload in a zip or rar file, and they have 4 pictures of the object... either the pics could be in the zip/rar file and read by CM, extracted, and displayed, or they would upload 5 items.  An option would then be available for the pics to be associated with a file.  There would be one main pic and then any others after that one.
This way, in the Newest files, Most downloaded section, it would show the first or main picture.  

I hope this makes sense.  As it is now, I can put the file, but they just see the generic file icon.  Not ideal for a scenery object site.  :)  

Another part of this, would be to change some of the default wording...  However, I am sure I can figure out where some of this stuff is..  Button text, menu text, etc...  Example:  Sort my pictures       should read   Sort my files      and things like that...   These would be files or objects instead of pictures.

If something like this is already doable, can someone point me in the right direction?  I would greatly appreciate it.  Else, if this can't be done, can it be something added to a future version or maybe a mod/hack/whatever you call them  be made for doing this?

- Greg
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 10:26:17 pm by Phill Luckhurst »

mushipkw

• Coppermine novice
Re: Using CM a bit differently
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2009, 01:59:30 pm »

Nibbler

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2009, 02:00:27 pm »

Check the 'group pictures' plugin here - http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,60737.0.html. Might be worth posting on the freelancers board to get that integrated with a zip upload. You can use the custom thumbnails feature to avoid showing generic thumbnails. All the wording can be changed in the language file eg. lang/english.php

SpectroPro

• Coppermine newbie
    • Bluestream Airlines - Virtual
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2009, 10:09:17 pm »

This should get u started
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,59073.0.html

Exactly what I was looking for!!!!!  A few small mods and it should be working perfectly!!!!  Thanks!

- Greg
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 19 queries.