Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CORE items removed:  (Read 2749 times)

terriers2

• Coppermine newbie
CORE items removed:
« on: September 04, 2009, 06:59:11 pm »

Hello all,
Ok i am brand newbie.

I have done a search of the forum, and the net about this with no luck.

I am no code wizard but i get the idea of how to change parts of theme.tpl in any of the themes, i am using classic, but how can i do that if when i open the relevant theme.tpl in an editor it comes up as "This theme has all CORE items removed" (see enclosed .jpg)

All i want is a bare bones coppermine page with all gallery folders on view.
I don't require comments, top rated, latest uploads and so on.

If this has been covered please accept my apologies.
Cheers,
Bill.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: CORE items removed:
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 04:28:53 pm »

If you don't need comments then you turn off the ability of your gallery's visitors to comment (using coppermine's control structures, not by editing the theme). That applies for nearly every other feature of coppermine just as well. The theme is meant to be the place where you change the visual appearance of your gallery. It's not the place where you remove features.

change parts of theme.tpl in any of the themes, i am using classic, but how can i do that if when i open the relevant theme.tpl
The core file of a theme is theme.php, not theme.tpl. Coppermine doesn't contain a file named theme.tpl, so you must be confusing things.

If you just want to get rid of particular menu items, use the final extract plugin.

All i want is a bare bones coppermine page with all gallery folders on view.
Not sure what that is suppossed to mean.

I am no code wizard but i get the idea of how to change parts of theme.tpl in any of the themes, i am using classic, but how can i do that if when i open the relevant theme.tpl in an editor it comes up as "This theme has all CORE items removed"
I don't think that you got the concept.  Read up http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#theme_sample for a start if you actually want to start editing your theme.

If this has been covered please accept my apologies.
Sure, it has been covered many times over...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 19 queries.