Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: database error bridging phpbb3 upgrade  (Read 7255 times)

teleferico

• Coppermine newbie
database error bridging phpbb3 upgrade
« on: September 04, 2009, 04:56:32 am »

I have the following issue when trying to bridge coppermine and PHPBB3:
While executing query "SELECT u.user_id AS user_id, u.user_password AS password, u.user_level FROM `phbb3db`.phpbb_users AS u, `phpbb3db`.phpbb_sessions AS s WHERE u.user_id=s.session_user_id AND s.session_id = '06aab1a72162172722bae3ad6ca856d9' AND u.user_id > 0" on 0

mySQL error: Unknown column 'u.user_level' in 'field list'

Coppermine install: http://www.greatamericaparks.com/images/
Forum install: http://www.greatamericaparks.com/forums/
Coppermine version: cpg1.4.25
Forum version: PHPBB3 v3.0.5
Test user account: cpgtest / temppass

BridgeManager settings:
Forum URL:  not set
Relative path to your BBS's config file:  not set
Use post-based groups?:  not set
Cookie name/prefix (if applicable) not set

1. I upgraded from PHPBB2 to PHPBB3, creating a new database for PHPBB3.  Prior to the upgrade, I deactivated bridging.
2. I performed the steps in the PHPBB3 Bridge topic's first post: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,53678.0.html . I did not perform the optional step.
3. I knew that the Coppermine tables were in the old database, but not in the new.  I was unable to determine from the documentation whether the BridgeManager would step through migrating those tables to the new database or not.
4. I started the BridgeManager at http://www.greatamericaparks.com/images/bridgemgr.php
5. It returned: There was an error while processing a database query.
6. Coppermine went down with "Fatal error:".
7. Debug mode revealed the full error message reported at the top of this post. 
8. Searching the forum, I've been unable to find an answer as to the proper method of migrating old Coppermine tables from the PHPBB2 database to the new PHPBB3 database.  There is also the issue of the new database being UTF-8 and the old one was not.

What must I do to successfully resolve the database migration problem?  Thank you.

Steven

teleferico

• Coppermine newbie
Re: database error bridging phpbb3 upgrade
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 05:05:58 am »

UPDATE: I had done all of this in Firefox.  After posting, I tried opening bridgemgr.php in Internet Explorer.  This allowed me to recover from the failed bridging.  Therefore, Coppermine is back up, but not bridged yet because of the need to migrate the old Coppermine PHPBB2 database tables to the new PHPBB3 database.  Without bridging in place, I observe that User Galleries are not listed.

Recovery from failed bridging has eliminated the "Fatal error:" problem, but my original question remains with respect to migrating the database tables to the new PHPBB3 database:

What must I do to successfully resolve the database migration problem?  Thank you.

Steven

teleferico

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009, 05:11:47 am »

ALSO:  After recovering from the failed bridging, the settings are revealed as:

Forum URL:      http://www.greatamericaparks.com/forums
Relative path to your BBS's config file:    ../forums/
Use post-based groups?:    1
Cookie prefix:    phpbb2mysql

I also restored the original bridgemgr.php.  I apologize for the three-part post.  I couldn't find any means for editing the original to update it properly with the new information.  My original question remains on what do I need to do to properly get the old PHPBB2 Coppermine tables into the new PHPBB3 UTF-8 database.  Thank you.

Steven

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2009, 12:05:26 pm »

I don't understand the question. What are 'PHPBB2 Coppermine tables'? The error message suggests you are trying to bridge to a phpbb2 database using the phpbb3 bridge file.

teleferico

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2009, 06:34:54 am »

Thanks.  I'll try to explain better: 

1. I had Coppermine bridged with PHPBB2.  Both shared the same database, with both Coppermine tables and PHBB2 tables in the same database.
2. I upgraded PHPBB2 to PHPBB3.  Prior to the upgrade, I disabled bridging in Coppermine
3. The new PHPBB3 uses a new database.  The new PHPBB3 database does not include the Coppermine tables that were in the database shared by Coppermine and PHPBB2.  The new PHPBB3 database only includes PHPBB3 tables.
4. I now want to bridge Coppermine with PHPBB3.  This is the same Coppermine that was previously bridged with PHPBB2.
5. At this time, my Coppermine installation is not bridged, but still uses the old database that was shared with PHPBB2.
6. I suppose that I must migrate the Coppermine database tables from the old PHPBB2 database to the new PHPBB3 database so that I may successfully bridge Coppermine with PHPBB3.
7. Following the steps for the Coppermine PHPBB3 bridge results in the errors listed in the first post of this thread, leaving me unable to use the Bridge Wizard and taking down Coppermine with the "Fatal error:" message.

My question is:
What steps must I take from here to successfully bridge Coppermine that was previously bridged with PHPBB2 with a new PHPBB3 that was an upgrade from PHPBB2 (rather than a completely new PHPBB3 installation)?

My Coppermine installation is still using the PHPBB2 database because both Coppermine and PHPBB2 shared the same database.  Now I need to bridge Coppermine to the new PHPBB3 database, but the Coppermine tables exist only in the old PHPBB2 database.  I'm unsure of the steps to move from this situation to achieve a successful bridge with PHPBB3.

In other words, the old PHPBB2 database includes these tables in addition to the PHPBB2 tables:

cpg133_albums
cpg133_banned
cpg133_bridge
cpg133_categories
cpg133_comments
cpg133_config
cpg133_dict
cpg133_ecards
cpg133_exif
cpg133_favpics
cpg133_filetypes
cpg133_hit_stats
cpg133_pictures
cpg133_plugins
cpg133_sessions
cpg133_temp_data
cpg133_temp_pictures
cpg133_usergroups
cpg133_users
cpg133_votes
cpg133_vote_stats

The new PHPBB3 database does not include any of the above tables.  It has only PHPBB3 tables.  Maybe all I have to do is insert these tables into the new database.  I'm not sure how to proceed correctly.

Thanks.

Steven

Nibbler

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2009, 01:45:36 pm »

Bridging will work fine with Coppermine and phpbb in different databases. I would suggest you backup and remove the phpbb2 tables to avoid confusion and then bridge to your new phpbb3.

teleferico

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2009, 09:53:22 am »

Thanks, Nibbler.  I'll try that soon and will report the results here.  I do think it will be better to have Coppermine and PHPBB3 using separate databases.

Steven

teleferico

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2010, 08:52:17 am »

I had to leave this aside for a few months.  I finally got back to it yesterday.  As suggested, I backed up the database and deleted the PHPBB2 tables out of the old database, leaving only the Coppermine tables.  I performed the PHPBB3 bridging steps after that and everything seems to be working fine now.  Thanks for your assistance.

Steven
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.