Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Add dropdown (jump) menus and minor changes  (Read 5786 times)

thejake420

• Contributor
  • Coppermine regular visitor
  • Jakes Jokes - the largest joke site on the web
    • Jakes Jokes
Add dropdown (jump) menus and minor changes
« on: September 02, 2009, 06:31:57 pm »

Site:
Fresh install, nothing to show atm.

Timeframe:
1-2 weeks, no urgent rush.

Budget:
In the under 20 bucks or so range. The changes should take only a few moments for a pro.

Skills required:
Batch word change (all occurrances of word "album" will now be "chapter" etc)
Standard php database call and list in dropdown menu with appropriately generated links to each item.

Overview:
Essentially I'd like to use CPG as a graphic novel reader. One page = one (fairly large) CPG intermediate pic. I'd like navigation to reflect the overall look and feel of manga reader sites but without being so... boring. (Those are typically done with js or some other ugly dynamic file listing/viewing script. I want one that doesn't make my eyeballs sad.)

I'd like to change the overall setup of Coppermine from Category/Album/Image to Title/Chapter/Page (same functionality, just need to replace all occurrances of old names) and make it a bit easier to navigate between the various titles and once inside a title, to the chapter (album) and page (image) the user last left off on.

Note that these changes are superficial. Only the word "Album" gets changed to "Chapter". Also the dropdown menus should be extremely simple, as they simply list all albums (or whatever) in X order.

On Title selection (main menu) page:
Standard nav, but with a dropdown menu listing all the titles. (Jump to Spiderman without having to scroll the webpage 6x - there will be a LOT of titles when all is said and done). List titles alphabetically, ascending.

On Chapter (album) page:
Standard nav but with a dropdown of all the chapters (albums) List chapters numerically, ascending.

On Page (intermediate picture) page:
Standard nav but with dropdown of all the pages. List pages numerically, ascending.

I want to stick with the core CPG code as much as possible. First, it's good code. Second, the less I have to modify it the easier it will be when I eventually need to upgrade it.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Add dropdown (jump) menus and minor changes
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 08:41:32 am »

I think I can code a plugin for you (no core code changes needed). The 'difficult' part is the visual integration of the drop down lists. Are you able to place them yourself? If not, please give a link to your gallery and the theme you are using and explain where/how the drop down lists should appear.

thejake420

• Contributor
    • Jakes Jokes
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009, 06:49:45 pm »

Awesome. I'm using 2bornot2b theme. At the moment, it's set up exactly as I downloaded the theme.

I'll send you whatever site/contact info you need via PM and we can go from there. (And since it's you, I have no problem setting up an FTP account for you if you want it.)

As for the placement, I could probably figure it out eventually (I made the TagBlitz plugin, but I'm admittedly a bit lame when it comes to coding) but I'd rather toss a couple extra bucks your way - you know your way around the code a lot better and faster than I do. I'll give more info in PM, and let this thread sit here until I resolve it one way or the other.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2009, 06:55:56 pm »

No need for an FTP account ;)

thejake420

• Contributor
    • Jakes Jokes
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2009, 10:49:37 pm »

More detailed info sent via PM. Also, I understand that the requests are a bit more than the scope of the original request, and am willing to up the budget somewhat as a result.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 19 queries.