Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Closed]: Remove albums only from last uploads  (Read 4655 times)

MrSheen

• Coppermine newbie
[Closed]: Remove albums only from last uploads
« on: August 31, 2009, 04:24:36 pm »

Hi, I've read through the forum and cannot see exactly what I'm looking for.
I would like to prevent some albums from showing up on the random images and last uploads on the front page (index) only. I tried out donnoman's plugin (unwanted metas) but it also removes the albums from all meta albums and last comments.
I tried to search the unwanted meta support area for this plugin but found the link was broken (Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/cpgcontr/public_html/board/Sources/Subs.php on line 3524)

« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 05:39:13 pm by Joachim Müller »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Remove albums only from last uploads
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 09:50:17 pm »

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/cpgcontr/public_html/board/Sources/Subs.php on line 3524)
That's not a coppermine error message, but one that comes from SMF, and not from this site, so it's completely irrelevant.

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,55415.msg270616.html#msg270616

MrSheen

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 01:20:01 am »

Well thank you for pointing out to me that a Dev member has a support forum outside of Coppermine that doesn’t work and you think that I should read the rules because of this.
I visited this URL to get help and found this thread inside Coppermine (http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=38999.msg184790) and read the following:
This plug-in prevents images from selected albums from displaying in the meta albums.

The "meta" albums are the dynamically created albums like Random, Last updated, etc.

After installation you can multi select (usually with the control key) all of the albums
you wish to exclude. Then click "submit".

You can return to the plugin manager page and modify the albums you would like the plugin
to restrict.

This is a self contained plugin and no longer requires any mod to displayimage.php.

Support is available on the cpg-contrib.com forum http://cpg-contrib.org/board/index.php?board=31.0

Download from: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=132063&package_id=213644

CVS: http://cpg-contrib.cvs.sourceforge.net/cpg-contrib/unwanted_metas/

I clicked on the support link and get the error I posted here quite innocently. Tell me what I've done wrong?
I only asked for help not the rules shoved in my face and a slap about irrelevancy.

Perhaps a chat with your Dev team member and sort the link out would be a start?

Sorry to get off on the wrong foot but I didn't expect to get the blame for a bad link that I have no control over and was posted on this site by a developer!
I'm guessing that you don't have an answer to my original question ?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2009, 11:45:47 am »

You never said that you're refering to cpg-contrib, so as far as I was concerned, you posted an error message of another third-party site that I have no control over. Now that you have clarified that you're talking about cpg-contrib: yes, the site cpg-contrib.org is being run by a fellow developer who has been inactive both here as well as on his own site cpg-contrib.org. What does that mean? Do I have to care for that or take responsibility? As you already figured out, support for the plugin your question deals with is only being given at cpg-contrib.org. If that site is down, I can't help you, nor can anybody else here. Just because you want something it doesn't mean that you will get it. We're not your support slaves: you don't pay anything and we don't owe you anything. Support is given freely here, so it's our choice what level of support we provide.
I posted reference to the board rules already, but obviously you ignored to read them, so once again: if you are posting on this forum (coppermine-gallery.net), respect our rules. One of them says that you need to post a link to your gallery, which you failed to do, so I reminded you of that rule.

Your attitude stinks! Either review it or go away!

MrSheen

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2009, 02:59:56 pm »

Thank you for your kind and informative reply.
I believe my first post was polite, non demanding and informative.
I was, am unable to post a link to my gallery as it is being run on our intranet and not available to users on the internet.
Never mind about the insults and assumptions from you; and the blame... Seriously I've been looking around on forums and see lots of bad press about Coppermine and your name comes up trumps every time.
I feel sad for the hard working developers and volenteers of Coppermine when someone who has such poor people skills, rude and insulting is in the front line destroying everything they work hard for.

My advice to you is either get a girlfriend or better still get off this board and stop destroying it.
I shant be back... I'll happily use Gallery 2 instaed.
I'm pretty sure you'll remove this post and ban me anyway! Your sad that way!
Bye!

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2009, 03:17:23 pm »

What a nice attitude.

Bye Mr Sheen. Have fun with Gallery2.

Locking thread.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.