Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Invalid]: Internal Server 500 Error on cpg_pictures MySQL Query only  (Read 3091 times)

mdcohen5

• Coppermine newbie
    • VirtualHershey

Trying to access tables directly to see data.

Asp program with line: Ssql = "select * from cpg_users order by user_id" works perfectly.

Asp program with line: Ssql = "select * from cpg_pictures order by aid" returns "500 - Internal server error.
There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed."

The connection string and other code are exactly the same!

Is there some kind of protection/permission/restraint on the Pictures table? This is driving me nuts!

Thanks,
Mike Cohen
"I'm not a Praying Mantiss. Please don't take my head off."
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 01:02:09 pm by Joachim Müller »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Internal Server 500 Error on cpg_pictures MySQL Query only
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2009, 01:01:58 pm »

We can not support you in coming up with ASP code to query coppermine's database, that's definitely beyond the scope of support on this forum. An internal server error is exactly what the name suggests: internal. Review the server's log to figure out what is wrong. Not related to Coppermine.

mdcohen5

• Coppermine newbie
    • VirtualHershey
Re: [Invalid]: Internal Server 500 Error on cpg_pictures MySQL Query only
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 07:18:21 pm »

Lighten up, Dude! You're carrying this Dragon guarding a cave full of treasure thing way too far.

You never answered my question. You could have just said, "No, there are no restraints on that table. Judging from the fact that it's an Internal Server error, it is most probably your code. Check it again very carefully."

Then, you would have successfully defended your precious from any imputation that it wasn't perfect, I would have felt listened to, and the people who read this forum wouldn't be so terrified of incurring your wrath.

Think about it--if we knew enough to ask only perfect questions, exquisitely phrased and pointing to the exact heart of the problem, we probably wouldn't have to ask questions in the first place. That might make your life easier, but you'd also be out of a job.

Mike Cohen
"When you come to a fork in the road, pick it up, so no-one geta a flat tire."

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2009, 08:10:36 pm »

Please review your attitude. You got a full and accurate response. If you want a fluffy response wrapped in sugar then join the care bears forum.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2009, 11:18:49 pm »

You could have just said, "No, there are no restraints on that table.
If you want to figure out if there can be restraints on a mysql table, read up the mysql documentation. A PHP application like Coppermine can not re-invent the wheel and therefor can not put restraints on a mysql table, because we're coders and not sorcerers. There's no magic onvolved.

Judging from the fact that it's an Internal Server error, it is most probably your code. Check it again very carefully."
If you don't know your way around in ASP or mysql, then RTFM instead of asking us. We're not here to provide for support for ASP nor mySQL.

Then, you would have successfully defended your precious from any imputation that it wasn't perfect
The app we provide is far from perfect. It has been made by human beings, and humans make mistakes. I don't think using the same categories you use. Yes, I like Tolkien as much as most other geeks, but I suggest you stop confusing real life with fantasy. There are no treasures nor damsels in distress available here, sorry.

That might make your life easier, but you'd also be out of a job.
Providing support for Coppermine is not a job, but a hobby, as none of us gets paid. So if that ideal world existed and nobody needed support, I'd still have the same job (that is unrelated to coppermine).

The short answer to your initial question would have been "ASP sucks, we're PHP coders. Go away". You didn't get that kind of answer, but an acurate, straightforward answer. Whining about not having been treated fair is just lame.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 20 queries.