Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Completely New Style for Coppermine  (Read 6273 times)

ramoel

• Coppermine newbie
Completely New Style for Coppermine
« on: August 30, 2009, 01:39:43 pm »

Hallo to all,

I'm proud to present a theme for Coppermine I created during the last year. It completely changes the user interface of coppermine and introduces AJAX functionality. To get an impression, simply visit http://blog.emzeat.de/levemine.

I'm curious what you're thinking about it.  :o

Ramoel

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: Completely New Style for Coppermine
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2009, 02:16:06 pm »

<!--Coppermine Photo Gallery 1.4.20 (stable)--> Was my first thought, an old version which has been fixed with some very important code changes. I am guessing that your code changes make it such that it is very hard for you to update.

My second thought was where is the "Powered by Coppermine" footer that you are required to keep in tact.

Please restore the footer if you want any more comment.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

ramoel

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2009, 03:34:19 pm »

You're right, I changed the footer while doing some testing. I did not want to ignore the work you're putting into this, thus the footer is back now. Additionally I did an upgrade to 1.4.25 in my development environment. So far, it seems to work fine, at least I could not find any incompatibilities. I will do some testing and upgrade my demo installation afterwards.

Ramoel

tristancol

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2009, 05:38:40 am »

This looks fantastic! I am very interested in this theme

onthepike

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2009, 06:13:53 am »

Webpage error details:

Code: [Select]
User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; WOW64;
Trident/4.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; Media Center PC 5.1;
.NET CLR 3.5.21022; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 3.0.30729;
Creative AutoUpdate v1.40.02)

Timestamp: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 04:08:44 UTC

Line: 4
Char: 1
Code: 0
URI: http://pmz.emzeat.de/themes/levemine/scripts/additions.js

Cross-browser compatibility is an integral part of Coppermine theme'ing. The screen shots look nice, but that's all there is for me using IE8. Just a black page and that javascript error.

onthepike

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2009, 06:37:52 am »

I thought I'd run IE8 in "compatibility mode" to see if that made any difference. The difference is two additional javascript errors, but the same black page:
Code: [Select]
Webpage error details:

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; WOW64;
Trident/4.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; Media Center PC 5.1;
.NET CLR 3.5.21022; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Creative AutoUpdate v1.40.02)
Timestamp: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 04:30:02 UTC

Message: Expected identifier, string or number Line: 433 Char: 2 Code: 0 in http://pmz.emzeat.de/themes/levemine/scripts/additions.js
Message: 'appLang' is undefined Line: 184 Char: 21 Code: 0 in http://pmz.emzeat.de/
Message: Object expected Line: 231 Char: 13 Code: 0 in http://pmz.emzeat.de/

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2009, 03:09:42 pm »

Your demo: Footer link is still crashing. Not a valid usage of Coppermine as per license. Please restore credits as intended.

ramoel

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2009, 02:50:36 pm »

Sorry for not answering any of your posts for such a long time – unfortunately I'm quite busy at the moment. Still I'm trying to fix all issues and finally release a usable theme package whenever I can find the time to do so.

The issue with the broken Footer link is due to a bug in the way my script detects wether to use ajax for loading a file or not. As it seems to be a general issue with my architecture, I decided to entirely rewrite that part – of course this takes some time. Perhaps I can achieve IE8 compatibility in the same run.

Thanks a lot for all comments so far, I'm working hard so please stay tuned.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.