Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PHP 5.3.0 and Coppermine 1.4.25  (Read 4072 times)

brr

• Tester
  • Coppermine novice
    • BRR
PHP 5.3.0 and Coppermine 1.4.25
« on: August 28, 2009, 12:03:50 pm »

Hello.

After upgrading XAMPP to the latest version I have got problems with installing new plugins in my Coppermine gallery. The upload works ok and I get up the new plugins in the list. When I shall try to activate a new plugin it totally disappear from the list.

It is not possible to change the plugins settings and the plugins will not get activated. In phpMyAdmin it seems that tables got created.

The latest plugins I have tried to install has been Captcha and reCAPTCHA. But I also get the same problem with other plugins I have wanted to test.

I don’t think it has anything with which plugin I try to install. It seems that my Coppermine installation has problems with all plugin installations and configurations.

Plugins activated before my XAMPP upgrade works ok. But I can not do any changes in the plugin configuration as this will get the plugin to deactivate and disappear.

Is it only me who have got such problems after upgrading PHP?

Technical information:

Gallery version: Coppermine 1.4.25.
Web server: XAMPP 1.7.2 (Apache 2.2.12, MySQL 5.1.37 and PHP 5.3.0).
Browser: Both Firefox and Internet Explorer 8.
My gallery: http://web.brr.no/cpg-galleri/

Bjørn Roger Rasmussen, Norway.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: PHP 5.3.0 and Coppermine 1.4.25
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 01:33:32 pm »

We can't provide support for webserver setup questions. Since the issues appear to come from your webserver update, you should look elsewhere for support. Usually, permissions and ownership cause such issues.

Nibbler

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 07:27:11 pm »

Sounds like you have plugins disabled in config. The plugin manager does strange things if you use it when plugins are disabled.

brr

• Tester
  • Coppermine novice
    • BRR
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2009, 10:45:13 am »

Hello.

Have tried and tested a little bit more. My conclusion: My main problem is not in the WAMP configuration (Apache, PHP, MySQL) or that I have disabled plugins.

If I first deactivate (uninstall) the BrainFeeder for Coppermine 1.4x v0.61 beta plugin, installs the new plugin and so again activates (install) Brainfeeder I get around the problem. I get the new plugin installed and I also get Brainfeeder to work.

Strange solution, but it works. Maybe not a real solution, more a way around..

Bjørn Roger Rasmussen
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.