Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fatal error: Allowed memory size of x bytes exhausted  (Read 3782 times)

ozpeg

• Coppermine newbie
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of x bytes exhausted
« on: August 26, 2009, 02:58:50 pm »

I am in the middle of uploading a lot of photos and have just received the following error message

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted . . . . . .

Now, before you go flaming me for not reading the post located at http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,24088.msg110690.html#msg110690 - I have read it ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

the posting says to resize the photos or change the dsetting in the php.ini file

All I need is for someone to tell me where heck I find the file !

I've gone thru every file,both manually and using the seacrh function,  in the zip file, as well as every folder on my pc and webserver and can't find the file.

Help !  :'(  :'(  :'(   :'( 

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: Fatal error: Allowed memory size of x bytes exhausted
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 08:26:31 pm »

php.ini is a file that is used to set the configurstion of php. Usually this is set by your host though some allow you to set up a local php.ini file.

To find out where the one setup by your host is look at your php info using admin tools. If you can change it then fine, if not you will either have to speak to your host or try a local php.ini file.

For details on how to do this and for more information on php.ini and how to use it Google is your friend. There are many thousands of articles and support sites out there for this very problem. This is not a Coppermine problem but a server setup problem so is beyond the scope of this board.

Having said all that you need to read the documents particularly

http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#upload_support

Which tells you what you need to do when asking for support on upload issues.

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

ozpeg

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Fatal error: Allowed memory size of x bytes exhausted
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 12:06:13 am »

Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 20 queries.